The Departed

Dani's PoV

My phone rings.

"Hello," I answer.

"Dani, I need to you to come find me as quickly as possible," Rebekah states, breathlessly, before hanging up.

Suddenly my phone beeps, I look and see that she sent me a text of her location.

Sighing, I instantly rush out of the door and get into my car. I drive halfway when I get a call from Rebekah.

"Hey, look I'm on my way-" I say.

But she cuts me off, "Dani, it's klaus."

I slam the brakes on my car, "what, what about him?"

I hear her sobbing, "he's dead, you're friends killed him."

My eyes widen and I sit there frozen, "I-I-I"

"I know, Dani, Elijah is coming to find you. We want to mourn his death together," she tells me.

"Right, um, I'm by a gas station close to Mystic Falls," I inform her.

I then hang up and sit there as tears fall down my face.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

A few minutes later, someone taps on my window. I look up and see Elijah stood there. I move over and he gets into the drivers seat.

Silently he drives us to an unknown location.

I spot Rebekah and jump out of the car, running over to her, hugging her tightly.

"I'm so sorry," I say to them.

Elijah shakes his head, "Dani, don't apologise. We both know that you loved him more than anything."

I give them a small smile, "I know, but I wish I could have gotten closer to him. He's the best thing that ever happened to me and I'll never forget him."

Together we stand there, hand in hand.

"Always and forever," I whisper into the darkness, tears falling down my face.