The Mikaelson Ball

Dani's PoV

A little while later everyone had practically arrived. I could see Elena in between Stefan and Damon. She caught my eye contact and smiled. I glared and turned away.

I suddenly hear a tapping of a glass, I immediately turn to see Elijah on the staircase. Ester walked down a little and smiled at me. I gave her a nice, fake smile.

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please," Elijah states.

The crowd then turns to face the original family. I spot Klaus and wink at him, smiling.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance," Elijah informs us.

Slowly but quickly, people start to make their way to the ball room. I stay back a little and see Klaus walking up to me.

He gives me his famous crooked smirk, "would you care to dance, Love?"

I smile, taking his hand, "Of course," blushing a little.

He then leads me onto the dance floor. Everyone watches us as we dance.

I look up into his eyes, "your mother really went all out for this ball."

"My mother loves a good celebration, and what better than the reunion of my family," he responds.

"And how is your family holding up, truthfully, I see the smile you put on, but I know the truth, Klaus. Esther being back changes everything, doesn't it?" I question.

He spins me around, "you know, Love, it's a ball, why don't we leave this serious conversation behind and enjoy the magical evening."

I smile warmly, "your right, I do apologise."

He grins as he gently lifts me up. Slowly he spins me around and I end up in close proximity to his face.

He stares into my eyes and leans forward slightly. I get pulled into a trance, but I'm brought back to reality when Elena and Damon abruptly leave the dance floor.

I blink a few times, blushing dramatically, "um..excuse me Klaus."

He sighs but gives me a small nod, releasing me from his grasp.

I rush out after Elena, "what the bloody hell is going on?"

Her and Damon both stare at me.

"What?" I ask.

"So, your suddenly back to being my sister are you? Actually caring about me?" Elena asks, sarcastically.

"Oh please, I only left because of what you said," I state.

"And then, you what? Shack up with the originals. With the man you basically killed me," Elena says.

I sense the originals walking into the room.

"What's your problem?" I shout.