⇝|33|

❁luna

the next day..

after last night, i had noticed we were really falling for each other.

at first, i was skeptical about his intentions with me.

but now that i know he likes me and wants to get to know me, i can't help but feel all giddy inside.

"luna! honey, you're babysitting tonight at gina's while we go out!" my mother yells up the stairs, bringing me out of my thoughts.

i roll my eyes, "don't they have cameron?"

"he's spending time with his dad today."

"huh, something i've never experienced," i mumble, "what time?" i respond.

"i think at 6."

"mom, it's literally 5:48!"

she doesn't respond, and i indeed roll my eyes very hard.

i change out of my 'lounge wear' into army green skinny jeans, a black baggy t-shirt and a plain grey zip-up jacket with black converse.

after deciding to tame my hair, i blow dry and straighten it before concealing small spots on my face and doing my brows.

placing my phone and charger in my shoulder bag, i walk downstairs to the door.

"bye mom, love you!" i shout, shutting the door behind before making my way up the street.

i reach the house, knocking on the door as i readjust my bag on my shoulder.

the door opens, and here appears ms. gina, wearing a white turtleneck.

"hey, honey, thanks for babysitting tonight!" she says while hugging me.

i follow her into the house, "okay so, i just need you to make sure nothing bad happens okay? there's pizza in the kitchen if they get hungry, they shouldn't be bored since they entertain themselves, being 11 and all. as for you, you can just chill until i or cameron gets back." she says, handing me a handful of money.

i count it out as she continues to ramble about what to expect, "this is a hundred dollars." i say, thinking she might have miscounted or not looked.

"yes, it is, i don't know how long we'll be out and i didn't want to underpay if we're out for a long time." she smiles.

i smile back, "thank you."

"thank you for being here. but anyway, cam should be back around 9 but if he isn't, call me and i'll handle it." she informs and i nod.

"i hope you don't mind me asking but are you and my son a thing?" she smirks, raising her eyebrows.

"oh i don't kn-"

"he's a very complicated boy when in relationships, i know that, but when it's serious, he's serious."

cameron has had a serious relationship? woah.

all anyone's heard about him is that he plays around with girls.

"i really think he wants be serious with you, lu." she adds, grinning just like cameron.

the resemblance is uncanny, oh gosh.

"that's nice to know." i smile, almost blushing.

"but enough about cameron, i have to introduce you to the kids. alec and alexis!"

"yes aunt gina?" a little boy comes down the hallway with a girl behind him.

they stand beside each other, making it known that they're related just by their faces.

"this is luna, your babysitter." she says as i smile and wave, receiving the same from both of them.

"don't tell me it's the same girl that cameron is always talking about." alexis laughs.

"of course it is, she's hot." alec whispers but we all hear it.

sounds like the nonsense of cameron.

"alec, don't say that!" she punches his arm and he shoves her.

"hey, knock it off, you two. promise me you won't give her a hard time."

"we promise." they say in unison, walking up to ms. gina.

"bye aunt gina." alexis says.

"bye kids, love you." they wrap and her waist and she hugs them.

after they stop hugging, ms. gina grabs her purse and leaves.

"are you guys hungry?"

they shake their heads before going back down the hall, closing the doors behind them as they enter their rooms.

"okay." i shrug before laughing and sitting on the couch.

i take out my phone, dialling bree's number and she picks up instantly.

"hey luna, what's up?"

"babysitting. at cameron's."

"ooh, is he there?"

"no, he's out with his dad, i guess. tell me about you."

"i got my cherry popped." she says passively, making me choke.

i stop coughing, "details now!"

"it's not that big of a deal, it was really  really nice. justin was gentle and sweet."

"woah justin? i didn't think you guys were serious or anything, like not even cherry poppin' serious."

"bro, we're together. we've been dating for a week."

"and you said nothing?"

"yall said you didn't ca-"

"jade said we don't care about you not hooking up with him, since you were complaining. anyways, you let him pop it after a week?"

"lu."

"what?"

"i'm fucking with you, idiot. justin hasn't talked to me since the fire at school, and i'm pretty sure he doesn't like me, since he keeps teasing me."

"first of all, i hate you. second, tell him how you feel and definitely apologize for your bumpy past with him. he's been in love with you for like ever."

"yeah, i know. i just wanted to hear someone say that. anyways, i have to go do laundry. love you lu." she says before hanging up.

"uh, okay." i drop my phone on the couch.

this is gonna be boring.

****

bruh, i feel like this book is soooo bad now.

like i really can't lmao.

xoxo.