My Boy Bestfriend

Dear diary,

He gets more cute by the minute! I can't help but start to like him. We've been friends forever. What do I do?!

"Amanda, tea is ready"

Yes. that's me! I'm Amanda. and it sound like its tea time! The thing I was writing in my diary, was about my best friend. my boy best friend... which everyone thinks is wrong for a girl and a boy to be best friends.

"AMANDA!"

And that's my mother. the strictest women on the planet.

"Coming!"

I arrive at the dinner table. "hello mother" I'm not allowed to call her mum. it's too common apparently. She frowns at me... "Amanda who do you think you are with your skirt that high up? pull it down this instant!" I pull my skirt down, and I was about to sit on the chair to have my dinner but my mobile rang. I ran over to my phone I snatch it off the table. OMG! it's Josh, yay!

Josh is who I was writing about in my diary earlier. My best friend.

Our convocation:

Me: hey josh

Josh: hey! wanna go to the park? it's a nice night for it!

Me: I'd love too! I'm just getting my tea first and I will be straight over

Josh: that's ok, I will come to yours then we can walk together.

Me: ok see you soon! bye!

"Who was that?" my mother asks. I sigh...

"it was josh. were going to the park"

She slams her knife and fork down on the table. "Now you know I don't like that boy! He's nothing but bad news!"

I hear a sound at the front door, josh walks in "hey!" my mum roles her eyes, grabs her plate and walks out the room.

"Hey josh... Sorry about her" he laughs "ready to go then?" I grab my jacket from upstairs and quickly put on my converse. "AMANDA!" my mum shouts. "yes mother?" she walks in angrily "looks like I made you dinner for nothing!" I look at josh he just smiled at me. "oh Amanda, get your sleeping stuff your sleeping tonight!" my mum tuts. as soon as I walk upstairs, I hear my mum speak to josh "watch what your doing boy..."

'At the park'

Were both on the swing. it's been half an hour. my friends left, they reminded me that were ment to be JUST FRIENDS. jenny (my best friend) knows I like josh. she likes him too. awkward.

'Walking back'

"So much fun just then" josh says all hyper. "yeah I know! all the pictures of us were hilarious!" I reply after 10 minutes of thinking what to say...

'Josh's house'

"Let's go upstairs ba- I mean, Amanda."

Omg. he almost said babe.

"Ok!" I said with pure happiness that he almost called me babe!

"I have some films to watch, also we could get a bit drunk! Got some booze!" He said

Me still being happy, I didn't care what happened.

We sat and watched a film. It's getting really boring. but I'm snuggling up with josh and it's cute! we've been hugging all the way through the film and it's almost finished. Just the ending to go! where the two characters kiss.

Josh went to eject the disc as he tripped over my foot and fell on me! I looked in his eyes and he stared right back at me "I've wanted this to happen" I laughed "what?" he leant over, we kissed.

I didn't know what to do. I was in shock that the guy I liked. my best friend, JUST KISSED ME! "josh... I'm going home."

I went out the front door. I ran home with my phone in my hands. he tried ringing me, I declined the call. he text me, I just deleted it. I finally got home and ran upstairs. I laid on my bed and said to myself "what am I doing...."