Kakashi

The copy ninja sat in his room, staring at his book as he waited for the evaluation to start. He's had them before and doubted that they'll find anything new to pin on him, especially since he knows how to be vague. It was a while before the man he knew to be Inoichi to turn up in him room. He guessed that was seen his students before him.

"Hello Kakashi, a shame that we have to meet under such circumstances."

"That it is."

"However unfortunate this is, I still need to do my job and do it right or I'll have Hokage-Sama on me, not something I wish to happen."

"That's understandable. I'm guessing this will be the standard sanity test?" Kakashi drawled

"Actually no. This is a new test that Hokage's-Sama and I came up with. Actually you and your team are among the first to test this. But I can say, it's been very accurate so far."

"Care to explain this test of yours?"

"Of course. It starts off with an interview then a look through your memories. Simple actually. No lying though, I'll be able to tell." Inoichi explained simply.

"Why aren't my team and I getting the standard test?" He stalled.

"Are you going to keep trying to avoid this. It was inevitable."

"Where ever possible, yes." He admitted.

"Great. Please be honest though."

"I'll try."

"Thank you. Let us start with that left eye of yours. How did you feel about having the Sharingan?"

"Well it's useful."

"How did the transaction take place?"

"My team mate asked my other team mate to use his eye to replace mine."

"You aren't very good at details are you?"

"You're not the first person to say that."

"Is it something similar to your tardiness and excuse habit?" He asked.

"I have no idea what you mean. I'm never making excuses."

"What about the famous 'I got lost on the road of life?' Then?"

"It's true?"

"Why did you phrase it like a question. If it was completely true, then there would be no need to do so."

"The point being?"

"You sound unsure of yourself, like you are hiding something under that lazy, carefree attitude that you picked up of your dead teammate. You know, the one that gave you your Sharingan."

Kakashi almost flinched at the harsh tone, he did however tense at the accusation but did deny or validate the statement. When the silence continued, Inoichi started a follow up.

"You've gotten away with it for this long Kakashi Hatake, or should I say Obito Uchiha? Because that's who you've been impersonating for over a decade now."

He wanted to retaliate and say that it wasn't true, but his brain just couldn't formulate any sentences, not that anything he said would have mattered as Inoichi continued.

"First your dad dies and you shut out the people the same age as you, viewing everyone as a hindrance as you graduated early. After getting your newest team and making Chunin, you started letting people in again, mainly Minato-Sama, Obito, and Rin. But then Obito died on your first Jonin mission due to your bad leadership. Later Rin dies  when she jumps in front of your Jutsu to commit suicide to protect the village. Lastly the last remaining team member dies. Minato-Sama  seals the kyubi into his new born son."

Now he was reliving all the deaths, even the ones not mentioned from his time in ANBU. His shoulders slumped visibly and he was looking at the ground as to not show weakness.

"You've had a hard life, I admit, not even 20 and all your important people die. Or so you thought, because after that you closed everyone out and threw yourself on suicide missions. There were other things that could have been done. Such as help raise Minato-Sama's son, I'm sure he would have wanted it. You could have talked with your friends, Gai for example. You could have also gotten psychological help."

"Just get this over with already."

"Fine, I'll start the second section now."

Activating the Jutsu, Inoichi looked around at the dirty alley way they were in. Kakashi just stood silently as he'd already been here before for other sanity tests. Not wanting to look at the doors that surrounded them, he looked at his feet, already knowing what the other man was thinking.

"Come on Kakashi, we don't have all day."

Nodding, he followed the blond man like a lost puppy into one of the larger and darker doors. He looked up to see something he'd wanted to forget forever. In front of him was his younger self with his hand through Rin's heart. His shocked eyed almost missed a movement in the bushes that he hadn't seen before.

"Obito." He whispered, gaining the attention of Inoichi who also looked shocked at the discovery.

"That was unexpected to say the least. We'll have to report to Hokage-Sama. There's still a slight chance that Obito is out there still."

Nodding numbly, he couldn't take his eyes off of Obito, tears ran down his cheek, something that hadn't happened since Minato-Sensei had died 13 years ago.

"I guess there's no use in trying to get you to go to other memories?" But Kakashi barely heard him. It was only when he was back in the interaction room did he realize that they were done.