One Month

It has been one month since that fateful day with Inoichi and things have been looking up for the first time for most of team 7.

The day afterwards, Tsunade called a village wide meeting with the council down with the rest of the villagers as opposed to where they normally stood next to the Hokage. Instead both Sasuke and Naruto stood behind her, waiting for them to be called upon. During the meeting, Tsunade released Naruto's heritage and new seat in the council. This of course sparked outrage within the civilians who demanded that the 'demon' be killed instead. One civilian and the guts to insist that the a Hokage was being manipulated by the kyubi. Said villager met his demise that day as the law about mentioning the kyubi was still in place. Tsunade then announced that Sasuke was taking the seat as the head of the Uchiha meaning that the civilians now held no power over the boy, as if they had any before. The last announcement was that if any of the council, advisors, or elders went and did anything behind her back which included ordering her ninja, antagonizing anyone, or even encouraging discrimination of any kind could be tried and executed for treason.

A week later and the Konoha 12 and teachers had dinner together where Naruto dropped his mask and Sasuke came out. Kakashi told the other teachers that he'd been visiting the graves only once a week and Sakura had to talk with the other Genin and Chunin that she was taking lessons from Kiba's mum. On the way home that night, it began to rain and Naruto, Kakashi, and Sasuke barely made it home before it began to pour. Just as Sasuke was about to fall asleep to the sound of falling rain, Naruto snuck into his room and told him he couldn't sleep. That night the two shared the bed and woke up in each other's arms. Over all, it was an interesting night.

The second week had the curse mark acting up leading to Sasuke's mind being tampered with. The boy was just about to leave the village when Naruto had knocked him out. After having Kurama take over his body, the kyubi sealed the curse seal so that Sasuke would return to normal. As such, when Sasuke awoke next, he was deeply confused and troubled by his thoughts on leaving the village. It was only later when Naruto explained the full affect of the curse seal and how it affected the mind to manipulate thoughts did Sasuke understand and become relieved. Due to his mind being manipulated, no charges were placed on the last Uchiha.

During the third week, Tsunade had called team 7 to a meeting where she showed evidence of Itachi being manipulated into the murder of the Uchiha clan. The evidence came in the form of several secret documents regarding missions that went behind the Hokage's orders on several occasions. At the news, Sasuke broke down crying as his whole life was a lie. Naruto comforted the other boy by holding him till he stopped crying. When the Raven had calmed down, the Hokage told them the trial would be next week. After leaving the Hokage building, Sakura confessed that her parents had kicked her out of the house for defending 'the demon' and she now has no place to go. Naruto told her that she was welcome to stay with them and they'd help her gather her things because they were a team. After waiting till Sakura's parents left, team 7 broke into the house and packed everything Sakura owned before leaving for the Namikaze clan house. Her parents wanted to file a theft report against their daughter but was turned down after they stated the things stolen belonged to their daughter.

The final week started off with Sakura going to wake up Sasuke and Naruto for breakfast only to find them sleeping in the same bed. When she asked Kakashi about this he said it's been happening for a while now but no they weren't together. Now mostly over her obsession for Sasuke, she found it sweet that her teammates were looking to each other for comfort but did feel left, but didn't push it. Meanwhile, her 'training' with Tsume shifted her obsession away from impressing the bit by being pretty to impressing the boy by being the best ninja she could be and into training by slowly moving the goal from impressing Sasuke to being the best ninja she could be. A side affect if this was a result was s decline in manners and and expanded colorful vocabulary.

Later in the week, the trial for Danzo's case of treason was watched by the whole village, stunned that the normally lax Hokage was now properly taking charge and making good on her prior threats. The trial ended in the execution of Danzo. The Sharingan were removed from his body and we're given to Sasuke, their rightful owner. Some of the members of ROOT had to be killed because of the amount of emotional conditioning they under went as well as their unwavering loyalty to the now late Danzo. Most were able to become regular ANBU after emotional reconditioning. The rest were too young to be ANBU and were given other ranks that matched their age after the same reconditioning. As it turned out, a boy now known as Sai, who Naruto had previously met because of Danzo, was given the rank of Chunin and the rookie 9 were asked to look after him. While the boy was still pretty much emotionless, he was willing to learn and was alright to be around, though often called Sasuke and Naruto out on their complicated relationship.

Over all the month was very eventful but team 7 couldn't be happier now that they had each other.