Chapter 1: Origin

[(A/N): Hey guys! Couldn't stop myself from working on this amazing idea which is credited to brahman87, definitely go check this person out, anywho, story time kiddies!]

[Author's POV]

Once upon a time, in a world called Remnant, lived a small child named (Y/N). (Y/N) was forsaken by his parents. Left in the woods, with nothing but a small blanket wrapped around him, to die from either starvation... or the Creatures of Grimm. Beasts with no remorse, no mercy, and only an unquenchable thirst for blood. Whatever would drive a child's parents to forsake their own flesh and blood? Well, it wouldn't be interesting if I told you that, now would it? So here we are, a lone child, crying in the forest, Beowulves circling ever closer. The distraught child could only cry as the alpha of the wondering pack approached the child. The alpha sniffed at the child for a moment, making the young male stop crying and gaze at the large beast. The alpha opened its jaws to end this little one's short, tragic life. But suddenly the young one's hands grasped the snout of the Grimm, letting off a small giggle. The alpha stopped, a bit confused by this strange human's actions. Children and adults alike know to fear Grimm, for they give off a certain aura of death and tragedy, but this one seemed to pay no mind to it. "How curious" the Beowulf thought.

Author: "What's that? You thought Grimm had no intelligent thought? How very closed minded of you, of course they think! Grimm form packs, they even have concepts of family. Of course, huntsmen and huntresses never learn this. Some say they study Grimm, dissection is not the same as studying. Anywho, back to our little story. "

The Beowulf moved from the grasp of the child then looked around at his pack. "Any who touch this child will face me" the Beowulf spoke.

Author: "What's that, Grimm don't speak? Well of course not, it would be rather odd to hear a Grimm speak in a human language, they speak in something I'll refer to as 'Grimm Tongue' (Which will appear in such a format) it sounds much like a series of animal-like noises(different depending on the Grimm) but in reality it's how Grimm communicate. Now stop interrupting, I keep getting off track."

The Beowulf then leaned forward and gently wrapped his teeth around the blanket holding the child.

Author: "What? You're asking if Grimm have genders? Of course they do! Now what did I tell you about interrupting, remember silence is golden duct tape is silver."

The Beowulf lifted the child up and started the walk back to the pack's den.

[Time Skip, Years Later]

The alpha lowered himself and got ready to pounce on the unsuspecting rabbit. In one fluent motion the Beowulf pounced and had the defenseless rabbit in his jaws. Another successful hunt, with his prize he headed back to his den. Upon approaching, the alpha could see his two pups playing outside the cave they called home. One pup, a female Beowulf not much older than three years. The other, a human boy, around the same age as the Beowulf he was playing with. The boy wore a black cloth around his waist and seemed to have a Grimm mask that resembled a normal Beowulf's, he also moved nearly identical to the Beowulves he lived with, on all fours. (Y/N) can walk normally, however he feels comfortable on all fours like his family.

Alpha: "Children, enough playing its time to eat."

Pups: "Father!"

The two pups turned to their father and charged him, trying to tackle him unsuccessfully. This has been normal for the passing years, the pack had taken (Y/N) in as one of their own. Over time (Y/N) developed an odd ability, the ability to create Grimm masks, his favorite being the Beowulf's.

Alpha: "Are you excited for tomorrow my son?"

(Y/n); "Yup!"

(Y/N) was finally coming to the age where he'd be taught to hunt, a very important milestone in a Beowulf's life. The young pup truly was excited.

[Time Skip, 14 years, (Y/N)'a POV]

I walked on all fours towards the nearby lake. It was a pretty peaceful day, father and mother are still asleep in the den while sister is out hunting. Once I got to the lake I started lapping up water, until I heard the loud yelp of a Beowulf. My head shot towards the source of the sound and I started running on all fours. After a few moments of running I arrived to see my sister on the ground whimpering.

Me: "Sister! What happened?!"

I ran towards her and got beside her.

Sis: "Run! There's... a Huntsman around... I don't know where he-"

A loud bang was heard as my sister cried in pain then went still.

Me: "Sister...? Sister...?"

I began nudging her with my mask, trying to get her to move or make some kind of movement... but she wouldn't. I heard footsteps behind me, coming closer.

Huntsman: "Hey, what are you doing out here? Don't you know it's-"

I quickly turned around and faced the human I presumed to be the Huntsman that had just slain my sister. I felt anger boil inside of me as I lowered myself to the ground, ready pounce. Suddenly I felt odd, as if my body had somehow changed, I looked down at my paws to see they had changed to sharp claws, I moved my tongue over my teeth to feel they were now razor sharp, and the change that stood out the most... was the black tail and Beowulf like ears that had appeared. I snarled at the man as I stood between him and my sister's body.

Huntsman: "What the...? Is that a Grimm mask?"

Me; "Lea-ve... n-now."

It's been a very long time since I've used human language. Father had found things called "books" and thought that I may want them. Though I didn't take much interest in them. Father has always been very smart, seeing as he's the Alpha and has been around for many years.

Huntsman: "Hey, no need to be scared. Why don't you come with me, I can take you back with-"

I let off a loud growl as I charged at the man, tackling the surprised male to the ground, I quickly plunged my teeth into his neck. I held on tight as he tried to get me off until he went still, it was much like how my father taught me to hunt. Once he was dead I got off of him and looked to the spot my sister laid, black dust covered the ground. I felt tears build up behind my mask as I remembered growing up with her. I let off a loud howl to alert any of the pack that were outside of the den and laid beside the black dust that covered the ground.

[(A/N):Hey guys! This chapter was just setting the universe, character, and a way to test out a few things in my writing. I can tell I'll have fun with this one, but I'd like to thank brahman87 again for the idea, once more he is to receive the credit for this idea, seeing as it is his. Anywho, don't worry this won't resemble anything like the actual story, I was just testing the waters and setting up, the end product will hopefully be a lot better. Anywho, DarkPrince out!]