Chapter 6: Visit

[Ruby's POV, Weeks later]

(Y/N) smiled in his sleep as I pet his head. His tail swished back and forth slowly. He reminded me so much of Zwei back home... but a lot bigger.

Weiss: "Ruby have you seen my-"

Weiss suddenly lifted up the sheet that covered my bed and looked at me with an annoyed look.

Me: "What?"

Weiss: "Ruby you need to stop treating him like a pet! He's not a dog!"

Me: "I'm not treating him like a dog!"

I then looked down at the scene again. I sat on my bed, with (Y/N)'s head on my lap. I was still petting him.

Me: "Okay... I might treat him like a pet... but I can't help it!"

(Y/N) slowly began to open his eyes, than yawned and sat up. He looked at me then to Weiss.

(Y/N): "I don't understand. Is there something wrong with the way Ruby treats me?"

Weiss: "Well... yes! Don't you think it's odd that she pets you like that and she lets you sleep on her?"

(Y/N) shook his head.

(Y/N): "No. I enjoy being pet. It's very relaxing. And sleeping with someone else's body heat is comforting. It reminds me of when I was a pup and my sister and I would curl up next to our father and mother."

[(Y/N)'s POV]

Ruby: "Wait, you have a sister?"

I smiled slightly.

Me: "I used to yes. However she was killed by a huntsman some time ago."

They both looked stunned. I think they forget that my family isn't of my own species. I decided to break the awkward moment by getting off of Ruby's bed and landing on the floor, going into my natural posture on all fours, then standing. I walked to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. These movements didn't feel natural to me, in fact, they felt wrong. After finishing the glass of water I turned to see Ruby and Weiss looking at me from the doorway. I tilted my head to the side.

Me: "Do you need something?"

Ruby looked at me with sad eyes.

Ruby: "(Y/N)... do... you hate humans?"

I thought for a moment.

Me: "Most humans are bad. But some are okay. You four are okay, you see Grimm for more than they are said to be. Right?"

I smiled at them. But they didn't smile back, they looked conflicted. I frowned as they stayed silent.

Me: "Grimm are not bad. We live the same as humans. We feel, we have family, we fall in love, we mate. My mother and father have been together for hundreds of years. They cared for me when I was abandoned. They saved me when I would have died. I miss them."

Being away from my family for so long made me very homesick, I miss hunting, I miss playing with the young pups, I miss training the older ones to hunt effectively. But most of all, I miss interacting with my own kind. Team RWBY was nice and all, but nothing could compare to being with my pack.

Ruby: "Weiss... maybe we could talk to Ozpin about letting (Y/N) go home for a little while..."

I looked up with hopeful eyes. Even if it were for a small amount of time, I believe seeing my family would lift my spirit greatly.

[Time Skip, Brought to You by Chibi (Y/N) Chewing on Ozpin's Cane]

My tail wagged quickly as we walked through the familiar forest. Team RWBY trailed behind me weapons in hand. I told them they didn't need them, as long as they were with me no Grimm would touch them. This area is my pack's territory so no other Beowulves come here, the occasional young Deathstalker or King Taijitu will wander in but won't disturb us. We began nearing the pack's cave and I couldn't help my excitement, I started running.