Chapter 5: Unstable

[(Y/N)'s POV, Three Days Later]

I whined as Blake continued to make me practice my writing and reading. Over the past three days Team RWBY has been teaching me everything I "need" to know.

Blake: "Come on, just a few more times and we can take a break."

I looked down at the book and tried to read fluently, but I had to pause between words.

Me: "Little. Red. Rid-ing. Hood. Walk-ed. Down. Th-e. Path."

Blake: "Good. Try again."

Me: "Little. Red. Riding. Hood. Walked. Down the. Path."

Blake: "There you go. Now try writing your name again."

I grabbed the pencil, and scrawled my name onto the piece of paper in front of me. It was shakily written and barely legible, but good enough in my book.

Blake: "Alright. I think that's enough for today. Let's meet up with everyone."

Blake collected her things and began walking, I followed behind her.

[Author's POV]

For the past three days Team RWBY had been personally teaching (Y/N) basic human curriculum. Reading, writing, mathematics, and finally history. The only thing he didn't need help with is Grimm studies, his knowledge in that field would put any professor to shame. As (Y/N) walked he finally decided to ask Blake a question he had on his mind, her being the best choice due to her faunas heritage.

(Y/N): "Why. Human. Hate. Faunas?"

Blake seemed to sadden at the subject.

Blake: "Well, its because humans don't see Faunas as equal, like they're lesser beings."

(Y/N) thought for a moment.

(Y/N): "If faunas. Less than. Human. What. Are. Grimm?"

Blake stopped walking. She seemed to have to think her answer over.

Blake: 'How would he react if I said they were lower then Faunas...? I mean it's true, they kill and destroy everything. But he genuinely thinks he's a Grimm.'

Blake: "Well... Grimm are..."

She couldn't think of the correct word.

(Y/N): "Monster? De-mon?"

(Y/N) had heard what humans thought of the Grimm. Feared and hated, not worthy to exist in their eyes. This saddened and angered (Y/N), Grimm have families, packs, feelings and emotions, yet no human could understand that.... that or they just didn't care to try. Though this fact was always apparent, (Y/N) was truly having fun in his new home, though he missed his family greatly. Blake gave up, she needed to open his eyes and show him he's human.

Blake: "Come on... let's talk about this with the team."

[Time Skip, Brought To You By Chibi (Y/N) Being Held Back By A Leash As He Barks At Roman]

(Y/N) sat on Yang's bed as Team RWBY began their discussion.

Ruby: "Guys... I don't think this is a good idea..."