Chapter 2: Goodbye

[Time Skip, 1 Year, Ruby's POV]

I yawned as my team and I walked through a wooded path in the forest.

Me: "Its so early..."

Weiss: "Well maybe if you didn't stay up so late last night you'd be a bit more awake."

Me: "I couldn't help it okay? This is our first personal mission Ozpin gave us. I was excited."

Blake: "I just wish we could focus more on investigating the White Fang."

Yang: "Blake, we can relax a little more now, White Fang activity is down because we caught Torchwick, so let's just focus on this mission for now."

Blake nodded. As we walked I recalled what Ozpin wanted us to do.

[Flashback]

We stood in front of Ozpin's desk as he went over a mission briefing.

Ozpin: "There's been reports of a strange 'humanoid' Grimm that resides in the forest east of town. Supposedly anyone that goes in it's territory is at great risk of an attack. Now, I'd like you girls to find, and capture said Grimm."

Weiss: "If I may Professor, why do you wish for us to capture it?"

Ozpin: "This is supposedly a new type of Grimm, and a special corporation that specializes in Grimm studies is asking that we bring the creature to them."

Weiss: "I suppose it would be a great help if we learn new things from them."

Yang: "But why don't they go capture it, why us?"

Ozpin: "They've tried to capture it before but they couldn't get anywhere close, so they requested our assistance."

Me: "You can count on us Professor!"

[End Flashback]

Yang: "So what do you think it'll look like Rubes?"

Me: "I bet it'll be ten foot tall, and have-"

There was a sudden rustling of leaves, then a figure jumped down from the trees, landing on all fours. It wore a tattered black cloak and had a Grimm mask on. Although the mask wasn't like a White Fang mask, it looked exactly like a Beowulf's. It also had black wolf ears and a matching tail that swished behind it. It had long (Hair Color) hair that was tangled and messy.

???: "Lea-ve n-now."

His voice was rough and sounded strained.

Weiss: "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

???: "Leav-e n-n-now."

He repeated. I took a step forward.

Ruby: "Have you seen a Grimm that looks like a human, we're looking for it so we can capt-"

The male suddenly rushed us.

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I charged the four females on all fours, going for the closest one that smelled of something sweet. The red hooded girl blocked as I began a flurry of attacks with my claws. I started pushing her back with my attacks making her stumble, as she fell back I raised my claws to slash her but I caught the glimpse of yellow in the corner of my eye. I ducked under a punch the girl in yellow, who smelled of some kind of strawberry, threw. I spun on my heel and sweeped the girl's legs from under her. Suddenly the strong scent of something odd(perfume) overwhelmed my nose, I side stepped as the girl in white tried to stab me with her sword. My hand shot forward and grabbed the girl in white by the throat. I then grabbed her sword and threw it to the ground, hoisting her up in the air.