Chapter 3: Companion

[(A/N): Hey guys! So the verdict is.... no yandere! For those of you who wanted this to be a more crazy romance, better luck next time. Although I do plan to make a yandere story eventually. Anywho, onto the story!]

[Author's POV]

And so, after our young protagonist had to make the choice that would change or end his life, Ozpin and Team RWBY took him into their custody. After getting the male to Beacon he looked up at the large stone structures. (Y/N) had never been out of the forest he called home, the pack rarely moved far from their territory. As Ozpin and RWBY moved to the tower they noticed the new addition following them like he should only... on all fours like a Beowulf. Luckily all students were in classes, or else he'd stand out like a sore thumb.

Ozpin: "Can't you stand on two legs?"

Ozpin asked the animal-like boy.

(Y/N): "Do-Don't l-l-li-ke."

Ozpin sighed. It certainly will be hard to "train" someone set in their ways, and Ozpin has too many things to do already with being headmaster of Beacon, however will he-

Ozpin: "Girls can I talk to you a moment?"

Ozpin and Team RWBY moved off to the side so they could discuss something in private, making the mistake of leaving (Y/N) unattended. (Y/N) sat and waited until suddenly he smelled a familiar aroma. It was a bit different, but it smelled a lot like a rabbit, the predator's favorite. He hadn't gotten to hunt that day, so he was rather hungry. He looked to the five humans that were talking then in the direction of the delicious pray. Surely they wouldn't mind if he got a "bite" to eat, right? His mouth watered as he sniffed the air and followed the aroma. His steps were silent from years of hunting, his senses just as sharp as his claws and teeth. The smell soon led him to the back of the large structure where he heard two human voices around the corner.

Male: "God what a freak, why are you even here?"

Female: "Please... just leave me alone."

This confused (Y/N), but he cared little for human behavior, he still needed to find his prey. He rounded the corner and sniffed at the air. The sent was coming from one of the two humans. The male had burnt-orange hair with indigo eyes, he wore silver plate armor and was currently cornering the female. The female had long brown hair, matching rabbit ears and brown eyes. She wore brown and black outfit with shoulder armor and vambraces. The smell was certainly coming from the female, and to (Y/N) the male was stealing his prey. With no hesitation the wolf like male ran forward on all fours, then tackled the human to the ground. (Y/N) bore his fangs and snarled, showing his dominance.

(Y/N): "This is my prey, back away!"

The student was terrified to say the least, the look in the wolf's eyes was that of a true predators, and resembled a Grimm's. The wolf slowly got off of the student, allowing him to get up and run for the hills. (Y/N) then stood on two legs and faced his prey. His father always taught him to bare down on their prey, to make sure they'd be paralyzed with fear, seeing as he was taller then the girl this was the most effective way to practice this teaching. He pinned his prey against the wall. He then stared down at the girl, staring into her brown eyes. He leaned towards her more, being mere inches from her face now. The female closed her eyes, fearing the worst. But soon, when nothing happened, she opened her eyes to see the male look at her with a confused look. To him, this was nothing more then curiosity. She smelled of prey, but looked human. Here's a little known fact about Grimm, they don't eat humans or faunas, only attack because of their aura. (Y/N) titled his head to the side, making his ears droop to one side. With the confused look on his face, combined with his ears and tail, the female student found this quite adorable, despite his rough appearance, Grimm mask and the current situation. The wolf backed off of the student and returned to his normal posture of being on all fours. The young rabbit was about to stutter out some kind of statement, until Team RWBY came running around the corner.