Chicken & Waffles

It has been a couple of days Sebastian has gotten a waffle delivery call from Heather as it started to worry him. It flew by as 2 days passed. Then three. Then four.

"Maybe she'll call today..." The phone rang as he took the call,"Welcome to Waffle Hut. How may I help you?"

"Is this Pizza Hut?"

His heart sank ,"No I'm sorry. This is waffle hut." He said in a mellow tone.

"Shit, sorry. Welp I hope you have a nice day."

"You're-" the phone was hung up before him.

He knocks on the door to see her in sweatpants and a very hoodie that reads,'The Muse,' and her hair was tied in a messy French braid. "Hey Sebastian." She said sheepishly. He noticed how pale her skin had become since the last he saw her. And the way her hands shook, as her movements were more slow.

"Hey Heather, it's been awhile." He replied.

"Yeah..." she said as her voice trailed off, before awkwardly holding the side of her arm, looking away.

"May I come in?" - "Yeah. Sure."

They didn't make much of a conversation as both of them neither had a topic to make up. Sebastian looks over at the kitchen and notices bottles of pills on the kitchen counter. Heather glades over at his direction, but ignores the thought as she pulled out cash.

She places it on his hand before reaching for her box. He pulls away before giving her the money. "I'll give you the box for a trade of honey and milk."

"Excuse me?" She said in a faint voice.

"The honey and milk tea you gave me a couple of days ago. As the days progressed, I started to miss them." She cocks an eyebrow. "I started to miss you." He finally said faintly smiling.

A tint of pink crawled up to her face she looked away before looking at him as she bit the side of her cheek.

"The waffles are on me."

She looked at him sternly as deep down she had truly hated him, but she nods before heading to the kitchen.

After setting down his tea, they both sat down on the table watching Adventure Time. "How are you doing Heather?" Sebastian asked pointing his fork at her,"It has been a while, so what's up?"

"Sick. Tired... Kind of icky." she replied as she took a bite of the waffle.

30 minutes later, Heather covers her blushing face as she finds the hall with a white basket of Spring colors flowers, chocolate, and a balloon reading: Get Well Soon.