Churro Waffles

"I know there's no way to help cure your illness, but..." He blushes slightly as he passes her a box of chocolates. "I thought this would help you."

Heather smiles as she receives the box. "Thank you Loki. You're the best."

Later that day Sebastian listens to their distinct conversation with the doctor, scared of the risks she wants to take.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" said the doctor as her parents stood behind her since she was in a wheelchair. In sorrow, they held their hands as they waited for her answer.

"Yes." she said boldly. "No matter what the chances are, I'll take your offer."

- - -

The days were getting smaller as they spent their last days together before her almost fatal surgery. He was worried about her chances of survival, but he had hope as his expectations weren't so high. This could be the end.

"Royal Flush!" she said in victory as he laid back in his chair in defeat.

"Man Heather, you're too good for me." He said smiling as they stacked their cards. She laughed. "I was bluffing the entire time."

He looks at her in disbelief. "You monster!" She innocently sticks out her tongue before separating their cards and shuffling them in a disarranged order.

Sebastian rubbed the sides of his arms as the hospital was always cold for sanitary reasons. He looks at her wrapped in warms blankets before pouting. "I'm cold." He said whining.

She looks at him before grabbing something. "Here, take my socks."