Parking Space

Maya's P.O.V
It's my first day of  working for a company that owns an international chain of hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs called Grayson Corporations. I've been out of a job for months since I graduated from college, but luckily my parents had enough money to wipe their asses with and still afford a house if you get my drift. I got up out of bed and went to the mirror, my usual fluffy Afro was flattened on one side. I know I should've twisted my hair last night. I quickly did 6 big twists on my hair then I took a quick shower then I got out to find something to wear on my first day. I chose a black pencil skirt, a beige peplum top, and matching heels.

I combed out the twists then I used my blow dryer to keep it stretched

I combed out the twists then I used my blow dryer to keep it stretched. When my parents were alive they were extremely wealthy art dealers so they traveled all over the world looking for the next big piece of art. One day their plane went down due to engine failure. They were never around but as a teenager its hard to lose your parents. I was 16 at the time and that was also the same year I got accepted into college. Homeschooling had its perks, like graduating early, but I only had a few friends over the years. When I was 19 I got into the wrong crowd because of a guy. So I left the city to start over. I picked up my keys and briefcase then headed out of my one bedroom apartment. I don't need a big ass house if it's only me. I have a black Camero, which I nicknamed Bear. I started him up then drove off towards my new job. Twenty minutes later I pulled into the parking lot and some guy cut me off and parked in my intended spot with his black Charger. What in the hell? Is he serious, I know he saw me. It took me ten more minutes to find another parking spot and now I was going to be late. I quickly sped walked inside and got onto the elevator. I pressed button for the 6th floor and silently prayed hoping my new boss didn't notice I was late. As soon as I stepped out I saw a woman running around frantically screaming my name.

"Maya Carson" she repeated over and over. I nervously stepped off of the elevator, so much for no one noticing.

"I'm Maya" I said.

"Good Mr. Grayson needs to see you immediately, follow me" she said briskly. I followed behind her as we weaved through the cubicles and busy workers, we quickly made to the office down the hall. She opened the door and walked inside.

"Mr. Grayson this is Maya Carson" the woman said introducing me. The man was slowly pacing the room with his hands in his pockets.

"Knock next time Ms. Stevens or it'll be your job" he stated lowly.

"Yes sir" she nodded then left the room.

"Have a seat Ms. Carson" he pointed to a chair. His tall frame loomed over me, I could feel his blue eyes staring me down.

"I'm so so-"

"I'm so so-"

"Did I ask you to speak" he shouted making me flinch. When people shout or yell it makes me anxious. "Now it's your first day and you have the audacity to be late. You better have a good explanation as to why you were late Ms. Carson"

"Well wh-when I got here, some guy cut me off and took my parking spot so it took me 10 more minutes t-to find somewhere else to park" I stammered. He immediately smirked and laughed to himself.

"Next time you have to move faster than me"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, I will not repeat myself" he scolded.

"Sorry sir" I said lowering my head.

"Alright so let me brief you on your tasks as my assistant" he said quickly changing his demeanor.

"Um yes sir" I said sitting up straight to receive a pad of paper and a pen he offered to me.

"You are to run needed errands for me, stay in touch with my clients, make calls to check up on my businesses, take messages, sit in on meetings I can't make it to, and anything else I need, understand?"

"Yes sir" I replied writing down everything he said.

"I have a conference call with a client, so show yourself out" he shooed me out, his attention now elsewhere as if my debriefing had annoyed him.