Park In Heaven

Matteo's P.O.V
"I'm going to ask you one more fucking time, who sent you" I asked the blubbering idiot of a man tied to a chair before me.

I've been on a rampage since they shot Maya. I watched her as she passed out from all the blood loss and I couldn't do shit to save her. We've been up for 2 days straight questioning, well torturing people for answers but still nothing.

By we I mean Roman and I, he tries to portray himself as a changed man but he's just as crazy as the day she left him and these past couple of days proved it. So I've been on a rampage and he's causing a bloodbath, but due to the circumstances I don't mind. Roman shoved a blade into the man's thigh and he cried out.

"Antonio is it? You know I'd hate to kill someone like you, your loyalty is very very promising. You'd work well under me but because you can't follow instructions you'd get taken out, as simple as that" I said taking slow steps around him. I pulled out a picture of his nice little family a wife and three kids it's a shame they'd have to go. "You understand right, I mean if someone shot her twice right in front of your face what would you do?" I questioned. He was silent for a moment then opened his mouth to answer. "Don't answer that, you and I both know you wouldn't grant them mercy or discuss what happened so why should I do the same? I feel like I'm being pretty merciful right now just for continuing to let you breathe" the man was crying now, I don't know if it was because of the cutting off of a couple of his fingers or the blade his leg or because he knew he was going to die but his tears fucking disgusted me.

"It'd be a shame if something were to happen to this sweet little family of yours. I think I'll pay them a personal visit" Roman chuckled. Antonio had stopped crying and was trying to keep a hard face but he's just like the rest of us, he has a weak spot for his family.

"Such a pretty wife too, I think our boys would like to have her. What do you think Roman?" I chimed in.

"They'd have fun with a tiny thing like her" he smirked.

"Okay, just please don't hurt my family. It was Jorge Mortelli he said something about teaching you a lesson and that's all I know" he said.

"Nico" I called to my guard "send a car to this gentleman's house" And it was as if Roman read my mind because he said exactly what I was thinking.

"Kill everyone there."

Maya's P.O.V
I was sitting on a beach in a sunny park, no one seemed to notice me but then again they were in their own little worlds. There were couples strolling through the park and there were parents playing with their children. Everything seems so peaceful, I closed my eyes and basked in the sun.

"May I sit here" a feminine voice asked.

"Sure" I replied, my eyes still closed.

"I didn't think you'd show up here this soon" the woman stated. I opened my eyes and was faced with my mother.

"Ma-mama?" I choked out, I couldn't believe what, more like who I was seeing.

"Hey baby" she smiled back and patted my hand affectionately, even in death she's not a hugger.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Heaven, during visiting hours" she replied.

"So I'm dead?"

"Only if you want to be"

"What?"

"Maya, you got so much more living to do. Don't let them cage you in" she said as she started to fade away.

"Wait-"

"Remember I'll be watching, now wake up"

I woke up and I was laying in a hospital bed. The heart monitor machine beeped monotonously while I examined the room. No one was there and the only noise was the almost silent hum from the tv. I then noticed a dull pain radiating from my abdomen and my leg. I lifted the thin sheet and saw the bandage on my leg. I couldn't remember anything that had happened. Okay Maya think, what's the last thing you remember.

In the car with Matteo, then we were at a red light and I passed out

There were so many gaps, something else had to happen. What happened? I'm in the hospital for a reason.

"Maya" I looked over towards the door to see Matteo standing there with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Matteo what is going on?.....wh-why are you staring at me like that?" I asked. He began to walk towards me slowly while observing me like an animal attraction.

"You're alive, and awake" he was still staring, it was making me very uncomfortable.

"What are you talking about?"

"Doctors said you were going to be completely comatose for months, but you're awake 3 days later" he said in shock.

"What happened 3 days ago?"

"You got shot....twice" he mumbled. He had the most guilt ridden look on his face, and I felt sorry for him.

"Oh...you know I'm fine right. You don't have to be upset"

"Ils ont baisé avec ma famille" (They fucked with my family) he said angrily.

"Matteo calm-"

"Don't tell me to calm down. You almost died and it was my fault" he yelled. The look on his face showed pure anger. I slowly got out of the bed, ignoring the pain, and limped over to him. He took a step back as if he was scared to hurt me. I slowly wrapped my arms around him and he tensed up.

"Everything is going to be okay" I whispered.