At My Worst

Maya's P.O.V

"You're a fucking liar" I replied.

"I'm many things but I don't lie, remember that day when you caught us fucking in his office" she smirked triumphantly. I look at Matteo who's face showed much guilt then I looked at Roman who was staring at Matteo like "You dumbass".

"Adalie I'm going to give you 5 seconds to put the gun down or I will shoot you"

"But-"

"1......2....." I counted and she still didn't move, she was contemplating if I would actually do it. "3......4..."

"Alright" she cut me off and slowly put the gun down on the floor.

"Now walk towards me, and one of you finish what we came to do. I'm ready to go home" I stated. There was a sound of simultaneous gunshots, then the sound of a body hitting the floor. Adalie jumped but kept her eyes trained on me, who'd want to see their father's dead body. They searched her to make sure she didn't have any other weapons, then we bound her wrists with rope. We made it back to the car and Adalie got in with a smirk on her face. I glared at Matteo the whole way back, how could he be so stupid? Now she's riding in the car with us after she just had a gun held up to Roman's head.

When we arrived I basically jumped out of the car and slammed the door. I stomped inside, passing Maribella who seemed concerned.

"Maya is everything okay?" she asked.

"Ask your son" I replied. I made it to my original room and locked the door behind me. It's all clear now, everything. I was so confused about who and what I wanted but I know now. I'm in love with Victor Matteo Grayson, but now he's knocked up the bitch who's ultimately responsible for this whole war. The feelings I have for Roman are so special but he was my past, and that's it. I sat there on the edge of the bed thinking about my next move, I've been here for 3 months I think it's time I went home. I was startled by loud knocking at my door.

"Maya" Matteo called.

"Get the fuck away from my door Victor" I yelled back.

"I'm sorry, please can we just talk" he pleaded.

"No. This was all a mistake, I never should've come here. I never should have walked into your office" I replied.

"I know you're upset, but don't say shit you don't mean"

"Fuck you"

"Fine keep your stubborn ass in there" he stated, then I listened as his footsteps retreated.
________________________________
My bag was packed and if I didn't have everything I needed I'd buy another when I got back home. I opened the door and came face to face with Roman.

"Hey My" he smirked.

"Roman move I have someplace to be" I said.

"I know you love him, and I know you love me. Just not in the same way, yeah?"

"Yeah" I whispered.

"Don't feel bad, I had my time with the queen and I blew it. Right now I need to focus on coping, how'd you do it by yourself?" he inquired.

"Honestly I just threw myself into doing the things I love, but I made sure to always think of him. I don't think I'll ever stop" I replied. He nodded at my answer taking it all in.

"I will always love you My, you know that right?"

"I'll always love you Roman" his arms wrapped around me and I hugged him back.

"There's a car waiting out front that'll take you to the airport to take you back home

"There's a car waiting out front that'll take you to the airport to take you back home. Here's the ticket" he stated.

"Thank you, for everything"

"Call me anytime you need something, now go Victor gonna kill me when he finds out about this" he chuckled. I made it to the car and sighed in relief when I got inside. This whole experience has been crazy and I need some space away from that life. There was a reason I ran the first time. The ride to the airport was silent, so silent that it was deafening. Something wanted me to turn around and go back but I couldn't.