Casual Gossip

It was casual Friday so I put on a white tank top, black leather skinny jeans, and a head wrap with matching flats. I noticed some of the women walking around in short skirts or shirts that show a lot of cleavage, attempting to grasp Mr. Grayson's attention. This week I learned that he's the most wanted bachelor around, the women here love to talk about him. Me personally, I don't care too much for him, he's been so nerve wrecking recently. They wouldn't want to bend over and drop their panties if they were in my shoes.

"Ms. Carson your head wrap is very unprofessional, I don't want to see it again" he commented snidely when he stopped by my office to drop off paperwork. I'm appalled these women are here parading around with their asses hanging out and he has the nerve to say that I look unprofessional. I was about to say something back but then I noticed how he was dressed.

Damn, okay so now I see what they mean

Damn, okay so now I see what they mean. My mouth went dry and all I did was nod. Leather jackets and brooding personalities are my top two weaknesses. He left the room and I snapped out of whatever daydream I was having and began my work. A few hours later there was a knock on my door. I looked up to see a smiling Reid.

"Hey miss Maya wanna join me for lunch, I got extras so I thought who else would enjoy this other than me" he said

"Hey miss Maya wanna join me for lunch, I got extras so I thought who else would enjoy this other than me" he said. I nodded my head in agreement quickly, who could say no to that smile? It was only 5 minutes before my lunch break, I'm sure Grumpy Grayson won't mind. Reid the only person who bothers to talk to me and he's a really cool guy.

"Whatcha got for me?" I asked. Behind his back he had two Subway foot longs. My eyes widened, I fucking love Subway. "Why don't you have a seat and tell me more about that sandwich" I laughed.

"Say no more" he chuckled. I pulled two Gatorades out of my lunch cooler and handed one to him. "Black forest ham or turkey" he offered.

"Ham" I replied and he tossed it to me. I unwrapped the sandwich and took a big bite out of it. "So I've been meaning to ask, how long have you been working here?"

"For about a year, it pays well and I like it" he replied.

"So what happened to the PA's before me"

"Nothing really, they just....cracked under pressure" he shrugged while chewing.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Grayson was just too demanding and they couldn't handle it, personally-"

"Ms. Carson I need you to pick up my dry cleaning..." Mr. Grayson stopped mid sentence, noticing Reid there. "Company rules state no fraternization in between coworkers" he stated.

"It's just lunch sir" Reid spoke up.

"I wasn't speaking to you, next time that'll be your job Mr. Vernon" Grumpy Grayson snapped.

"Sir I apologize, this is my fault I-"

"I know it is, now as I was saying I need to to pick up my dry cleaning for a charity ball. My driver is waiting downstairs. Mr. Vernon if you'll come with me to my office" he handed me a credit card then Reid threw away his trash and followed Mr. Grayson out of the room.

It's my first week and I'm already in trouble. I sighed and picked up my jacket and headed to the elevator. The trip down was super silent and all I could think about was Reid and Mr. Grayson. Had I gotten him fired? This is what I get for trying to make friends. I walked outside and of course he has a whole limousine. The driver opened the door for me and I got in. He walked around and started the car, I guess he already got instructions from Grumpy Grayson. 20 minutes later we pulled up at the dry cleaners and I went inside to retrieve his suit.

"How can I help you?" a woman asked.

"I'm picking up for Mr. Grayson" I stated.

"That'll be 467. 23" she stated. I swiped the card and she went to the back to get his stuff. She came back with the suit and placed it in my arms.

"Would you be a doll and give this to Victor for me?" she winked and handed me a card with her number on it.

I arrived back at the office, I thanked his driver then headed upstairs. When I stepped off the elevator everyone's head turned to look at me. Did something happen while I was gone? I stopped at Ms. Stevens' desk to get the 411, she's one of the biggest gossips here.

"What's going on?" I asked. She looked around to make sure Mr. Grayson was nowhere is sight then she leaned towards me.

"Reid went into Grayson's office he was in there for about 5 minutes then he came out, picked up his jacket and left" she whispered. "That's all I know, now go you know he has eyes everywhere" she added. I nodded then went to his office, I knocked but there was no answer. It didn't sound like anyone was in there so I let myself in. And boy did I regret it, Grumpy Grayson had some woman bent over his desk. My mouth dropped open, I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt the cards and his dry cleaning slip out of my hands.

"What in the actual fuck" I stated, the words slipped out before I could catch them. The girl jumped and Mr. Grayson hurried to cover himself. It seems as if Adalie came back for another visit. I could tell by the hair and tan skin. Funny, and he has the nerve to say I'm unprofessional. "I'm going home, see ya Monday" I basically transformed into Barry Allen and got my ass out of that room. I went to my office to grab my laptop bag, then jogged all the way to the elevator. I could really use some holy water for my eyes. I made it home in less than 10 minutes. I unlocked my front door and walked inside tossing my shoes somewhere. I grabbed a bottle of water and flopped down on the couch. Once Upon A Time here I come, I thought turning on the tv.