Alike

"This is a joke right" I asked aloud.

"No, not at all" he replied. I sighed and thought to myself, how'd I get caught up in this kind of mess again?

"I'm catching the next flight back to the U.S, I have to leave" I deadpan.

"Sorry no can do, we're in a war and you are caught right in the middle of it"

"Because of you" I screamed.

"Which is why you can't leave, I have to keep an eye on you" he winked.

"How are you being so nonchalant about this" I yelled. He simply shrugged his shoulders and I pushed past him to go pack my suitcase. He's crazy if he thinks I'm staying here. I made my way upstairs but I could hear him calling after me.

"Mon chéri, you know you can't leave" he said in a sing song voice. I got away from one gang boss I'm sure it won't be too hard to escape another. I've been living a normal life ever since I got away from Roman and I'd like to keep it that way. "Just because you were living a normal life doesn't mean Roman didn't know where you were" he laughed. So apparently I'm not even saying shit in my head anymore I'm talking out loud. The big question is how in the hell does Matteo know who Roman is?

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about" I snapped.

"I know more than you think mon chéri, during your teenage years you got involved with some very bad people. The biggest kingpin in your home town, Roman Valencio, you were his girlfriend and his right hand woman. Word on the street is that you made the bad boy go good, he was in love. Obviously there was trouble in paradise because you up and left him no explanation, no note, nothing. Frankly I think that's rude but I'm sure you had your reasons" he smirked. Roman Valencio, I swore I'd never speak his name again. He was my first love, the only man I was sure I'd ever love.

"Okay so what you know about my past, but what's this about Roman knowing where I was"

"Oh you remember your friend Reid, he was Roman's little spy. Apparently your boyfriend has been looking for you for years, and he also told me about Roman's plan to kidnap you. Overall that's bad for business so I had to let him go, with a death threat to top it off" he stated proudly.

I was now panicking, it won't be long before he finds me here. I mean I doubt he'll come onto Matteo's turf because that's mad disrespectful but then again Roman is Roman and he is that damn crazy. I'm not over exaggerating either he's a psycho and if he finds out the actual reason I left, he will kill me. I was pacing the room now while Matteo looked at me like I was a maniac.

"I have to leave Matteo, if he finds me he'll kill all of us. He will come for me" I was panicking.

"Why did you leave him Maya" I looked up at him and sighed. I've never really talked about what happened but I guess now is the time, to finally come clean to someone. I sat down on the bed and took a deep breath.

"You of all people know that life in a gang isn't too friendly to the innocent. We were in love but love won't keep you alive in that business. To make this long story short I got knocked up and that's why I left but I was so stressed about him finding us that I miscarried. If he finds out that I was pregnant and I didn't tell him and on top of that I lost the baby, he will kill me. Roman is a good guy but he's ruthless when in pain" I finished now standing again.

"If he comes we'll be ready, don't worry that little pretty head of yours mon chéri" he said. It's really pissing me off that he's just brushing this off.

"Well since I can't leave when the police finds out about this I'd rather be seen as a captive than an accomplice, so I quit" I replied. I was then pressed against the wall with his hand wrapped around my throat. I could see the anger flash in his eyes.

"And how would the police find out" he said lowly. I was Roman's right hand woman so obviously I can get myself out of this situation but something is telling me it won't end well if I fight back.

"That's not what I meant" I strangled out. My vision was blurring and I was getting dizzy. I was running out of air.

"What did you mean Maya" he yelled. I kneed him in the balls and I fell to the floor, hitting my head. The last thing I thought about was how Roman and Matteo were very much alike both caring and bipolar. They'd do anything to protect their legacy even if it means killing whoever got in the way.