Chapter 16

Ok so I thought I was nearly finished with this fic but I actually have more than I originally thought so there are probably 3 or 4 more chapters to come :)

Hope you enjoy this! The chapters after this are all happy I promise :)

“Adam.” Lucifer watched the blond haired boy come out of the shadows.

“Ah Lucifer my dear friend. How are things? How’s Castiel?”

“Leave my family out of this. You made your point. Why are you back now?”

“Don’t think this is all about you. No don’t be obvious. I had someone else to deal with as well and I though to myself, ‘why not kill two birds with one stone?’”

“Who?”

“Dean Winchester. You may have heard of him.” Adam looked innocently at his hands and then smirked as he watched realisation dawn on Lucifer’s face.

“What have you done to Cas?” Lucifer grabbed Adam by the collar and backed him hard into the wall.

“I swear to God Adam if I find you have done something to Cas I will find you and I will kill you.”

“This is why you should have stayed with us. You have so much rage you would make a fantastic Demon.”

Lucifer threw Adam to the ground.

“This isn’t rage Adam. This is protective love. If you come near my family again you are going to see just how powerful love is. I think you will be surprised.”

Lucifer left Adam on the ground and raced up the hill. Halfway up he crashed into Michael.

“Michael?” Lucifer helped his brother off the ground. “Where’s Cas?”

“Broken in his room. What’s happening?”

“I’m so sorry. This is all my fault. I made a fundamental error and everything is falling apart.”

“Luc slow down we will fix this.”

Lucifer carried on up the hill. He spotted Cas walking up the hill.

“Castiel!” Lucifer watched his brother turn around and he heard a faint, “I’m sorry.”

“No Cas.” Lucifer whispered to himself. If Lucifer ran after him and couldn’t convince him he would be too late so instead of running after his brother who undoubtedly only had a matter of minutes left before he jumped, he ran to Dean’s house and banged on the door.

“Dean! Dean! I need you to open this door. This is life or death and you are the only one who has any say in it!”

Lucifer was surprised to see Gabriel open the door.

“Lucifer? What are you-“

“Gabriel where is Dean?”

“In his room why?”

“Where’s his room?”

Gabriel ran to Dean’s room quickly followed by Lucifer. Lucifer burst through the door and the older Winchester immediately tried to shield himself.

“Whatever you think it’s not true I didn’t kill anyone!”

“I know that, you complete oaf, but if you do not move your sorry ass now you are never going to get a chance to make it up to Cas.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, Dean, Cas is going to jump off the cliff at the end of the clearing in about 2 minutes and he is not coming back unless you talk to him.”

Dean sprung out of bed and followed Lucifer outside. He forgot about all Anna’s rules. All that was on his mind was Cas and he needed to get to him before it was too late.

The two boys sprinted up the hill. When they reached the top Dean saw Cas standing on the edge of the clearing, inches from the drop of the cliff. Dean watched Cas as he looked at a picture of the two of them. Then slowly Cas tore the picture in half. And again. And again. Cas then let the wind blow away all the pieces of the picture and watched them float down the hill.

“Cas” Dean let out a strangled cry and slowly edged forward to where Cas was standing. Slowly Cas bent down and picked a single strand of grass, placed it between his thumbs and blew. Dean heard a familiar sharp whistle come from the blade of grass in Cas’ hands.

“Do you remember this Dean?”

“Of course I do.” Dean moved a cautious step closer.

“I was sitting here frustrated and you scared me-“

“And you swallowed your piece of grass in surprise.” Dean let out small laugh through his tears and took another step.

“Then you taught me how to do it properly and-“

“I reintroduced myself.” Dean could nearly reach out and grab Cas.

“Then you dated Jo and I got really jealous.”

“But I realised that no matter how many girls I dated I would only think of you.”

Cas turned his head to face Dean. Dean saw that the usually electric blue eyes were a dead grey and full of tears.

“Did you really think of me when you kissed Jo?”

“For the entire time.” Cas just kept staring at him as if he didn’t exist.

“Listen to me, please, Cas. I did not kill anyone. I have been framed and I can prove it but you have to give me a chance. Please. I can’t lose you.” Dean was close enough to Cas now and pulled the smaller boy into a hug. Dean whispered into the boy’s hair, “I love you.”

Cas wrapped his arms around Dean’s waist and held him tight, afraid of losing him again. Cas felt that if he let go it might all turn out to be a dream and Dean would vanish in front of his eyes.

“I love you too Dean Winchester.”

Cas looked up at Dean and slowly, carefully placed his lips on Dean’s. Dean relaxed into the kiss immediately. Cas’ lips were chapped and dry but Dean didn’t care. He had missed the feeling of having Cas next to him.

Cas pulled away when he spotted Lucifer standing on the edge of the clearing and they walked over.

“I can explain everything Castiel.”

Cas nodded and the three of them walked down the hill.

“I think we need to make a stop at the coffee shop.” The two younger boys looked at Lucifer confused but followed him none the less.