FOUR

Dear diary,

            I honestly feel like jumping off this roof.

            I would have never thought royal duties would be so…. tedious. If the homework from school weren’t enough, adding on a pile of paper work to do from Andorra definitely have made me reached the limits. I’ve literally spent the entire day today just sorting out the palace stuff. Apparently, the economics are better, but mama and papa are still thinking of alternatives on how to better secure people with their jobs and money. I am still too young for this although I know I have to do it. 

            I sighed and paused in my writing. I lay back in the hammock I was laying in and looked up into the sky. The more I thought about my royal work, the more the sides of my head started to hurt. I sighed again, cuddling feet up in the warm blanket I had brought up. I looked down to my diary and picked up my pen again.

            School hadn’t been easy either. The Student Council was holding tons of meetings so that we could handle the Fall Dance matter. Which reminds me, I should probably find something to wear for the dance, but the thought of wearing a dress and heels and having twenty pounds of make-up scares the living daylights out of me. I honestly cannot imagine if I ever had to go back to Andorra. It’d be a nightmare to wear that kind of stuff every single day. Sometimes I don’t even want to wear pants when I’m alone at home, so what makes anybody think I’d be able to wear a full-length dress and heels all the time back in the palace?

            “Amanda!”

            I looked up upon hearing my name. That must have been Holly from the floor below. What does she want now? I groaned as I got up from the superbly comfortable hammock and climbed down the stairs to the side of the balcony outside out apartment. I readjusted my glasses – yes, I do wear them, especially at home because contact lenses can be a total pain in my bottom.

            “Yeah?” I asked Holly as I approached her. I noticed she was busy signing some paper and our front door was open. Some grubby man was out in the hallway, looking at the both of us intently. I nodded to him in acknowledgment when I realized it was just Paul, our postman.

            “There’s a package for you.” Holly stated, still signing and checking the papers. After she was done she passed them back to Paul and then look at the floating box next to him… What?

            No, the box wasn’t magical, though that would have been awesome. I always knew Paul was some kind of an old leprechaun.

            “Excuse me, do you think you can bring that in for us? It seems pretty heavy for us to handle it on our own.” Holly politely asked. I rolled my eyes at her request. I would have totally been able to handle it on my own.

            The person carrying it slowly lowered the box so he could so, although since he was tall, I still couldn’t see his face properly. Holly directed him where to place the box and he settled it down gingerly. I noticed the sweater he was wearing. It wasn’t really his color. In fact, the orange-brown sweater made his caramel colored hair looked dull.

            Before even realizing it, my dumb mouth that seemed to have a mind on its own spoke. “You know, the color doesn’t suit you well.”

            I could see the guy tensed a little when I spoke up, and then his body relaxed just as slightly too. He turned around slowly, and that was when I could feel my eyes widening in shock.

            “Liam?”

            Holy crap.

            I didn’t know how to react. First of all, I was wearing the ugliest pants I have ever owned, and I was also wearing my somewhat thick Burberry glasses – insert major low self-esteem issue here. Secondly, wasn’t that box sent to me from mama? What if Liam had read the address? Was he smart enough to put two to two? Well, duh of course he was smart enough. This was Liam. I mentally freaked out. Um, shit.