City of lights.

Dedicated to nightrose75

Also, guys... please look at when I update before messaging me and commenting me to update. I love to comments, I do. But I'd appreciate something other than telling me to update when I did just update 3 chapters. Makes me feel like what I've given isn't enough and then I don't even want to try cause I don't want to let anyone down. I know you guys want me to update but please consider the authors feelings before commenting.

----

I got up and walked into the bathroom. Brushing my teeth, I was determined to make Emma's day great. I was taking her to a restaurant for pancakes and bacon.
I pushed some loose strands of hair that had fallen out of her braid behind her ear.
"Wake up princess." I whispered as her eyes fluttered open.
"Morning daddy." She yawned. Giving a big stretch.

Her eyes had dark rings and I frowned. She must have had a night filled with nightmares.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, cradling her into my arms. She snuggled into my chest and shrugged.

"Tired." She sighed.

"I'm sorry baby girl. Would you like to come out and have breakfast with me?" I asked her with a kiss on her forehead.

"Yes please, daddy." She said, inhaling my scent. 

I smiled and picked her up. Carrying her to the tub.