Chapter 1

Lucy's POV
I walked to the guild with Natsu and Happy. "What job we should get." I wondered aloud. "One that gives us a lot of jewel." Natsu said. "I know that." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Hey Lucy! Natsu!" Gray yelled coming over to us.

Then I heard a huff and turned to see Natsu his eyes narrowed and smoke coming out of his nose.

"Hey Natsu you feeling okay?" I asked looking at him closely. He seemed to snap out of it. "Yeah I'm okay." He said rubbing a hand over his face.

Okay...

"So what's up Gray?" He asked. "Me and Juvia are going on a job would one of you please come with me." He pleaded. "Sorry man your on your own." Natsu said. "Yeah I don't want to cross Juvia." I said with a laugh.

"Maybe ask Erza." I suggested. "I already tried that but she said something like I think it's a good opportunity. What's that supposed to mean." He said throwing his hands in the air and I saw Natsu tense. He seems to be on edge today, wonder why. "Let's just get back to the guild." Natsu said pulling me along.

"Lucy!" A voice yelled and I turned to see Levy followed by Gajeel. "Headed for the guild?" I asked. "Yep! And I can't wait to hit the library I heard some new books came in and I'm dying to read them." Levy said and I laughed.

Then I heard another huff and some growls and saw Natsu and Gajeel facing off growling in fighting positions hands at the ready. "Boys!" We both yelled in unison. "We don't have all day!" I added.

That snapped them out of it and grumbling they followed us. Me and Levy walked ahead of them chatting.

"When are those two not trying to fight." Levy said. "Yeah but this was different they didn't throw insults at each other this time, which was weird." I said. "Yeah weird." Levy agrees.

We arrived at the guild and went inside. The guild was normal with it's usual chaos.

I sat down on a bar stool, Natsu took the one next to me. "Hi Mira!" I said smiling at her. "Hey Lucy." Mirajane said.

"So what's up with those two?" She asked gesturing with her head towards Natsu and Gajeel who were glaring at eachother across the hall.

"They nearly got in a fight early but me and levy carted them off before they could start." I said with a shrug.

"Hey Laxus!" Happy waved to Laxus who was sitting at a bar stool a few seats down from me. He had a bottle in his hand and was drinking the beer inside of it. He just gave the sup nod, and went back to his drink.

Then a guy came up and started flirting with Mira. What's new.

Laxus watched glaring gripping the bottle tightly, you could see the veins poking out of his fist. Then the glass shattered in his hand shards going everywhere.

Then faster then I could comprehend Natsu had knocked me to the floor hovering over me protectively. I could feel a blush warming my cheeks.

"Woops strong grip." Laxus said trying to laugh it off but I could see something was up.

The guy who was flirting with Mira apparently got the point and quickly took his leave.

"Watch it man you nearly hit Lucy." Natsu said and Laxus just waved him off. Natsu helped me up still glaring at Laxus. "It's fine Natsu, I'm okay." I said dusting off my skirt hoping the redness in my face went away.

Master Mararov sat down eyeing Laxus suspiciously, I guess he had the feeling something else was going on too.

I looked around for Wendy maybe she had an idea on what was going on with the boys since all the dragon slayers seemed to be acting up. But she wasn't at the guild yet.

"Hey Natsu I'm gonna go to the Library. Happy make sure he doesn't get into any fights while I'm gone." I ordered.

"Aye sir!" Happy saluted.

I went into the Library and bumped into Levy. "Going to the Library too?" I asked with a grin. "Yeah. I need to look at something Gajeel was acting really strange today. He was glaring at all the boys who walked passed me." Levy said.

"Yeah Natsu is acting weird too he's barely said a word all morning." I said worriedly. "Do you think there's something going on with the dragon slayers?" Levy asked. "Maybe, Laxus was a bit off too." I said thoughtfully. "Too the Library!" Levy declared dramatically raising a fist in the air.

"Too the Library!" I echoed with a laugh.

Laxus' POV
I banged my head on the counter trying to rid my head of pervy thoughts about Mira.

Ugh. I though I was past the hormone phase.

I took another swig from the beer bottle. "You okay Laxus?" Bickslow asked. "I'm fine." I growled. "Okay whatever ya say man." He said backing away.

What was wrong with me? I felt like fighting every guys who came near. I need to protect my mate... I mean Mira.

I rubbed my forehead what the hell was going on. I had a killer head ache and the booze didn't seem to be helping at all.