Chapter 10

Lucy's POV
I heard the sound of feet crunching against the sand, and I smelt something.

It smelled like salt.

I groggily opened my eyes. I looked up seeing the blue sky above me and Natsu carrying me. Then my eye lids felt heavy and they closed again. I tried to force them open but my vision was blurry and I blinked slowly several times then felt myself being set down into what felt like a woven cocoon, then realized it was a hammock, swaying slightly in the breeze.

I managed to peel my eyes upon and sat up on the edge of the hammock my feet hitting the wood deck. My vision still was a little blurry, but it soon cleared up. "Lucy you okay?" Natsu asked.

I nodded absently, looking around.

We were surrounded by sand and I saw waves farther out lapping at the sandy shore. "Where are we?" I asked. 

"We're at a secluded beach house, cliffs are on either side of us, it's in an inlet I found a while ago." Natsu said. "There's not any civilization around for miles so we won't get interrupted." He added after a pause.

I got up and walked into the sand to get a better view of the house. The outside walls were an off-white. The house looked to be a two story and had a balcony.

"Wow." I said. "Come on wait till you see the inside." Natsu said excitedly and pulled me into the house. The color scheme seemed to be white, light blue, and yellow. There were white couches with yellow-gold striped pillows along with some blue pillows too. There were chairs and a bar with some white stools with a blue seat.

The whole place looked amazing and was unusually clean seeing as Natsu set this up. "You set this up?" I asked him turning around. "Yeah." He said sheepishly. "By yourself?" I asked. "Well Mira helped out a bit, she just picked out some new furniture and she helped me clean it up about a month ago." Nastu said scratching the back of his head.

I have a sneaking suspicion to why Mira helped set this up. "Knew it." I said with a grin.

"You wanna come check out the bedroom with me?" I asked cheekily. "Nah we gotta wait till it's dark. If I go with you in there now I don't think I'll be able to wait until tonight." Natsu said with a smirk.

"Well then I'll just check it out without you." I said and walked up stairs and found the master bedroom. There was a huge king sized bed in the center with white sheets and light blue and flaxen throw pillows. There was a dresser off to the side along with a door that probably lead to a bathroom.

Natsu hadn't followed me which I was a little disappointed about, so I went back downstairs. Natsu was chilling on the couch, but his head perked up as I came down.

I went past him and outside into the deck and leaned on the railing feeling the cool ocean breeze.

Natsu followed me this time and laid down in the hammock, his hands behind his head. I then went over to the hammock crawling in it with him.

He scooted over giving me some room and he wrapped one arm around me the other resting behind his head. I laid my head down on his chest content to lay there as the breeze slowly rocked us.

Levy's POV
Gajeel slung me over his shoulder and set me down on the ground which must've meant that we had arrived at the "den" as he called it.

I heard the sound of flowing water and turned to see a river to my side. The soil smelled rich and the air was so clean. There where cropping a of trees here and there then I saw a beautiful house. This whole place was beautiful.

"It's beautiful." I breathed.

I finally turned to look at Gajeel who was smiling softly, I smiled shyly back at him.

My attention was turned back to the river and my gaze fell on the rocks poking above the surface and I was hit with the childish urge to hop across them.

"Come on!" I exclaimed and hopped onto a rock. I jumped from on to another in a row and wobbled a bit before catching my balance, arms out to steady myself.

"Careful shrimp." Gajeel said from the rock next to me. "I am-" I said as I jumped to another rock and slipped, Gajeel reached out his arm, grabbing my hand, trying to catch me but we ended up both splashing into the shallow stream.

I sat up quickly water streaming out of my hair and Gajeel was just as wet.

Then a fish jumped into my lap and I let out a shrill scream and batted it away, it flew through the air and plopped back into the water heading downstream.

Me and Gajeel looked at each other before both bursting out into laughter.

Our laughter finally dies off and Gajeel stood up. "C'mon let's go dry off." Gajeel said helping me up.

We headed back up to the house. I caught him looking at me but decided to brush it off.

We walked through the door and into an entryway, I could see a doorless opening leading into a room with a comfy looking couch in it. "There's a bathroom through that door."  Gajeel said gesturing to it with his chin.

I walked to it and he followed after me. I reached the door and opened it. "U-uh you stay out here." I told him. He put his hands up in surrender and took a step back but he was grinning.

I shut the door behind me and grabbed a white towel dragging it over my legs and arms and rung out my dress over the tub. I ruffled my hair with the towel now mostly dry.

I picked up a dry towel and walked out to bring it to Gajeel who was dripping over the floor. "Here, your dripping all over this nice floor." I said handing him the towel.

"I wouldn't have this problem if someone let me go into the bathroom." He said.

I huffed crossing my arms and he then shook his hair like a dog and I squealed and darted away. His laugh echoing after me.