Chapter 6

Mira's POV
I was at the bar serving the guild with Kinana when Erza called us both over.

We walked over to her and she led us into the library. Lucy and Levy where already there, no surprise. Gray and Wendy soon walked in trailing behind the master.

"What's up?" I asked. "Guys we forgot about Cobra." Erza said.

Shit.

He'll probably go after poor Kinana.

"Jellal just informed me that Cobra went berserk and then left heading towards magnolia. And I believe he's after Kinana." Erza said. Kinana's face turned bright red. "Wh-what do you mean c-come after me?" She stuttered.

Levy put the dragon slayer book on the table and read off the section about mating season to Kinana. If possible her face turned even more red.

"So he wants to mate with me." She said, looking like she was about to faint.

"Well we don't know for sure because Cobra is a second generation dragon slayer so he may not be as affected by it as Gajeel or Natsu is, he might just want to mark you." Levy said thoughtfully.

I felt my heart sink a little, wait why was I upset that Laxus might only try to mark me and not do other things because he's a second generation dragon slayer. No I should be relived.

"Oh good." Kinana said her shoulders relaxing a bit thou there still was a faint blush on her cheeks.

"I found another book that mentioned dragon season thou, it basically repeated what this one said , but it said this as well." Levy said. "After they mate the dragon slayer will still be passive aggressive for about a week, mates have been known to shatter a room just because someone looked at their mate, so it's best for the mates to be alone for about a three days to a week before returning."

"So after we mate it'll be a week before they return to normal?" I asked.

"Yes dragon season lasts a month if the mate manages to avoid them, but once they mate after a week the affects should wear off, but they will still have a protective instinct but it isn't clingy, it's natural, even humans have it sometimes." Levy explained.

"Does it mention anything about second generation dragon slayers?" Master asked. "Hmm let me see." Levy said flipping through the pages.

"Ah ha!" She exclaimed. "It says here that second generation dragon slayers, have a little more control over their instincts, but if they are too far away from their mate they will get overwhelmed with the desire to be near them and their instincts will take over, same with the first generation."

"Well aren't you two lucky ducks." Lucy told us. "Natsu never has much self control anyways." She mumbles the last part under her breath but I heard it and let out a small giggle.

"Okay meeting adjourned. All of you girls be careful and keep an eye out." Master said we all nodded and I saw Kinana gulp. She hastily left from the room.

Kinana's POV
I quickly exited the library my heart pounding in my chest.

"Is something wrong?" Laki asked looking at me worriedly. "Oh no, I'm fine." I said trying to keep a waver out of my voice.

"Okaaaay." She said obvious not believing me. Laki was my best friend and I wanted to tell her everything, But I just continued walking, I needed some fresh air.

I stepped out of the guild hall and walked down to the old tavern where the old guild hall used to be, I liked it here, for some reason it calmed me.

I walked down to the familiar apple tree and sighed resting my hand against it.

Then I felt something prick on my back as if I was being watched. My eyes widened and I slowly turned around. Nothing was there, I leaned to one side trying to widen my line of sight.

Was it Erik? Had he found me?

I started to walk back to the guild, my eyes darting around nervously.

Then I heard a deafening roar and something shot out of the trees heading straight for me.

(I think I might end it here just to be mean)

(Just kidding😉)

I screamed and then all of a sudden something else leapt at what attacked me. "Poison dragon's claw!" I heard him yell as he reduced the creature to ribbons.

"Erik." I gasped and stumbled back.

He rushed up to me. "Are you okay?" He asked roughly eyes flitting over me looking for injuries.

I cocked my head to the side curiously, now he didn't seem to be a hormonal pervy dragon slayer who wanted to kidnap me. He looked actually kindly concerned like when we met before the magic council took him away.

I felt a ping in my heart.

I swallowed nervously. "I'm okay." I managed to get out.

"Oh thank god." He said and hugged me. I blinked in shock, he didn't exactly seem like the hugging type of person, but then I felt myself nuzzling my head into him and hugging him back.

"Kinana!" A voice yelled and I turned to see Gray and Erza rushing towards us.

Erik pushed me behind him and stood in front of me protectively, now he looked angry, his fanged teeth bared and his eye flashing dangerously.

I could only watch frozen in place, wide eyed, at the scene going down.

I didn't want Erik or my fairy tail friends to get hurt. What should I do?

He turned and looked at me with understanding.

A silent promise of I'll come back for you on his lips before he leapt into the forest disappearing.

"Thanks Mavis we got to you in time." Gray sighed in relief. "Yes we heard a scream and rushed over here." Erza said. I nodded mutely.

"You okay?" Erza asked.

"Yeah just a little shaken." I replied meekly.

"Come on let's get you back to Fairy Hills." Erza said leading me along. I followed silently my mind still swirling with thoughts.