{Chapter Twenty-Two}

Harley's POV-

"That's our son?" Jack whispers and points to Patch who is now sleeping in my arms with his head resting on my shoulder.

I smile down and look at Patch with a smile on my face and nod my head. "Yeah he is. Patch Michael Napier." I whisper and look at Jack.

A smile forms on Jack's face and he looks up at me and takes a step towards me and holds his hands out.

"Can I?" He asks and I nod my head.

"Of course." I say and hand him Patch.

Jack holds Patch and he smiles down at him and he moves a piece of Patch's hair out of sleeping face. Patch stirs and Jack looks up at me, the smile still on his pale face and his blue eyes shinning with adoration.

"He looks so much like you." Jack says and I chuckle lowly and shake my head.

"When he's awake and he's smiling he looks like you. He has your blue eyes and your smile. He's a miniature you." I say and Jack looks back down at Patch.

"How old is he?" He whispers and I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the patio railing.

"He'll by nine months on the twenty eighth." I confirm and Jack nods his head. I look down at the floor and bite my lip.

Why is this so awkward?

"You know, I thought I lost everything after you left. Selina came out and said it was Bruce's baby after you left." He whispers making me look at him. "I thought I could never be happy. So when Harvey and Eddie told me that you were here, I just had to see if it was true." He says and I stand up straight and bite my lip.

"Did they tell you about Patch?" I whisper and Jack nods his head.

"Yeah they did. But I didn't believe it until I saw you holding him." He says looking up at me.

His blue eyes shined with unshed tears and his nose was getting slightly red. I look at Patch who was soundly sleeping in his arms and I bite my lip.

"I'm so sorry Jack. I should have called you when I first found out. I was just so scared that when I told you, that you would disown me and Patch and just focus on Selina." I whisper looking down as the tears that I held in come back to my eyes.

"I wouldn't do that Harley. I would do anything for you and Patch. I still will. I love you Harley. And I still do. If you told me before he was born, I would do anything in my power for you and him and I still will." Jack says walking up to me and putting his free hand on my cheek.

He lifts my face up so that I am staring into his tear filled eyes. I blink and a tear slowly falls down my cheek and Jack lightly brushes it away and smiles softly at me and runs his hand through my hair and furrows his eyebrows together.

"Will you give me a chance again? Let me prove that I love you and will do anything for you and Patch?" He asks and I sigh and look back down at our feet.

My bare feet look so weird. I swear my big toe is bigger than that rock next to it.

"Jack, I just got back and I haven't even settled in yet." I shake my head and focus on the task at hand and not on my feet.

"Then let's take it slow. Let's start out as friends. But please, give me a chance of being Patch's father." He pleads and I look down at Patch who now has is face buried in Jack's chest.

I sigh and close my eyes and nod my head. "Fine, you can take Patch out tomorrow while I go apartment looking." I say and a smile breaks out on his face.

"Thank you Harley. I'm going to prove to you that I can be a father to Patch." He says pulling me into a hug and I let out a sigh as I take in his familiar scent and close my eyes at the feeling of his body close to mine again.

"Please don't mess this up Jack." I whisper and Jack pulls away and smiles at me and places his hand on my cheek again.

"I won't Harls. And that's a promise."