Chapter Three

Alex couldn't sleep, sleep eluded him as thoughts of his past raced through his mind. He had dragged himself sluggishly to bed immediately after taking a quick shower when he got home from his run in order to wake up very early in the morning for his ultimate mission. But his body had refused to shut down.

His mind was occupied with a series of events from the past nine years of his life. These thoughts had kept him up, as pictures of him fooling himself on several occasions flashed through his mind. One after the other.

Reliving each moment of the miserable years of loneliness and pain was the only way he could try to figure out exactly what he did wrong to deserve them.

Alex remembered the awkward event that occurred during his last birthday party his sister had insisted on throwing. He sat quietly in a corner, nursing his drink as he observed the party unfold into Vivian's as more of her friends trooped in.

A sniff of his mate's scent compelled him to follow the breadcrumbs of fragrance to a tree behind the packhouse, immediately he saw a woman with her back turned to him talking on her cell phone, he had put two and two together and made five with his small head leading the mission. He recalled how he marched up to her with all-purpose, turned her around and almost kissed one of Vivian's friends.

He couldn't remember the excuses he gave to escape the situation but the awkwardness still lingered anytime he set his eyes on her.

Each day his mate was not by his side, his mind tilts toward crazy. He was beginning to see and smell her everywhere. He hoped his mission the next morning was successful.

Alex was anxious for his lonely existence to end. He needed his mate to take the edge off his restlessness and calm him down with her gentle touch and sweet words. To inhale her essence and take a complete adaption of his natural place between her legs and establish his territory where she was concerned. He wanted a clean slate; he needed his love life to start.

Alex checked the alarm clock by his bedside for the uttermost time.

4:50 a.m. Too slow...

Hours of the night always seem unnecessary stretched out for sick people and for people who had important plans for the following day but couldn't sleep. People like him. He was suffering from his mate deficiency, and he needed to see her, to drink in her beauty and rub himself all over her to cure it.

Alex yawned for the utmost time as he stretched his muscle packed body on the king-sized bed in search of a comfortable position which was pointless because his hardness was getting in the way. He gets excited at every thought of his mate.

Alex covered his opened mouth with the back of his hand and ran it slowly through his disarranged hair.

He checked the time again, 4:52 a.m. He wished the clock would tick the remaining hour away in the blink of an eye.

"Huhhhh," he groaned aloud.

Alex wanted to shout at the top of his voice in frustration but that wouldn't solve his problem. He needed the time to go faster!

He had started checking the time at intervals since he got into bed. The good news was, he has less than two hours left, the bad news was, it was fucking ticking slow!

4:53 a.m.

4:54...

He drifted into a dreamless sleep with the ticking sound of the clock as his lullaby...

**********

Ivy couldn't sleep, she had tried for hours but it seemed the previous day's event had shaken her more than she had presumed.