Chapter Ten

Ivy screamed!

Waking up in a strange bed. In an unfamiliar environment, with glowing, beautiful blue eyes staring at her was bad. Synonym to death itself.

How did she get there?

She screamed again when she realized all these belonged to Alex. Alex, who was awake and watching her scream her head off. With a naughty look and a huge grin pasted on his face.

Alex was smiling from ear to ear!

Grinning at her!!

Creepy and beautiful. But more beautiful than creepy. Her eyes dropped to his smiling mouth. She could barely look at his glittering eyes for long. He unnerved her as he devoured her with them.

"Did you enjoy yourself, last night, baby?" Alex drew out in his sexy husky voice.

She screamed the third time and looked under the bedcover to see for herself.

Alex busted into laughter. He laughed so hard, tiny tears dropped at the corners of his eyes. She narrowed her eyes at him not knowing what to expect or believe — her clothes were still intact. Except for the jacket she had put on when the cold had slipped into her body. As she tried to ignite her junk of a car to no avail.

The new version of Alex was different. Different from the one she knew as the pack Beta. Different from the versions she was exposed to the previous day.

The playful Alex.

Playfulness was Philip's specialty, not Alex's. Most first-timers to the pack usually assumed Alex was the Alpha. With the way, he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. And his grim looks and deadly stares.

She knew the reserved shy Alex as a teen. He had metamorphosed into the serious man that carries a long face at all times. The happiest she had seen him was a little shift at the left corner of his lips during his last birthday gathering. As his sister made a fool of herself to make him laugh which couldn't be classified as a smile. Just a little mouth movement.

And then he was laughing. Full-blown laughter with his signature concrete-molded face softened with happiness.

She was thrilled to see him relaxed and having fun even though it was at her expense. The corners of her mouth moved into a smile. She couldn't help it. His happiness was infectious.

He toned down his laughter to smiling. He smiled at her like he was contented to be in her presence. Should she be scared? Her experience with him the previous day was different. She had witnessed his confusion, near rejection, anger, passion, and need. All mixed at different magnitude. It was an explosive mixed overflow of various emotions. But not happiness. It wasn't part of the concentration.

"Good morning, beautiful." He greeted with his eyes roaming her covered body seductively.

Her jaw visibly dropped. She was surprised at the endearment.

"Close your mouth before the flies come visiting." he chuckled.

He gently nudged her mouth closed with his fingers. For she was too shocked to do it herself. He gently rubbed her chin with the tip of his fingers. The warmth from his fingers slipped into her skin.

"How was your rest, baby?"

Baby! Baby!! Beautiful!!!

Something was wrong. Alex was treating her like she was special to him. Did he hit his head or something? She was worried. It was apparent she had slept through a major change. A character makeover.

She shivered. The flying sparks from his fingers crept into her body. His hand traveled from her chin down to her arm. The bedcover parted for him as he reignited reactions she had only experienced with him. He Made her hot all over in a second. He rubbed her arm in a circular motion. His eyes are on her nipples, and he watched them rise to his commands.