Chapter Eleven

Alex forcefully snatched the door opened. He almost got a bloody nose when Philip's knuckles contacted his face. The veins on his neck swole as blood rushed through them. Blood rushed to his face.

Philip raised his hands in surrender on spotting the murderous look on Alex's face. He slowly backed away knowing full well he was walking on eggshells. He grinned at Alex. His ever-present teasing face drove Alex up the wall. It made him see red!

"I come in peace. Door face," Philip said in a robotic voice. Alex groaned at him. Baring his teeth.

"I come in peace big angry wolf. Don't huff, don't puff and blow off my head." Philip laughed out loud. Alex rubbed his nose, glaring at his Alpha. He was tempted to punch the smiles off his face.

"What do you want? I thought — No! I was clear about you staying away Phil!" Alex shouted as he tried and failed not to raise his voice.

Still in his annoying playful mood, Philip took another step back. His hands still up.

"You forgot your phone. I tried giving it back yesterday before you left. But you were so preoccupied with...you know...that you didn't answer when I called you back. You were in such a hurry to leave." Alex frown deepened at the 'you know' part of Philip's speech. Especially since Philip moved his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

Alex was closed to combusting in anger. Like a vampire in sunlight but Philip was having too much fun to back down.

"Cut out the crap, Phil. I know you. If you really wanted to give the phone back, you could have tried harder. Moreover, I don't need the phone. Good day" Alex tried going back inside but Philip's next words stopped him.

"You think you don't need the phone? I know you do!" Philip grinned with a secretive glare in his eyes. His annoying face was eating at Alex's raw nerves.

"Philip..." Alex called in a warning. His upper and lower teeth glued together as he forced the words out.

"Fine. Your mum called you this morning. When I say 'you', I meant your phone. The phone you forgot yesterday. In case you've forgotten that vital info. And I the good Samaritan tried hard, really hard to return it to you. And you seem not to appreciate my labor of love." Philip said, trying and failing to look offended. Alex ground his teeth at Philip's long explanation.

"Cut out the bullshit Philip. Get on with it!"

"You are no fun," Phillip pouted.

He looked ridiculous trying to make an innocent cute face with his eyes giving him away. He was enjoying himself at Alex's disposal. Alex wished he could pluck his shimmering eyes out and fed them to him. Slowly.

"I went to your mum and told her you forgot your phone. So she doesn't worry about her baby boy, except—" A dramatic pause from Philip.

Alex kept quiet. He folded his arms across his wide chest and waited. Waiting was the last thing he wanted to do, but he was too smart and impatient to play Philip's games. If he encouraged him, Philip wouldn't leave.

"—except she wanted to bring the phone to you! Can you imagine her shock when she finds you here with a mate?!" Philip laughed out again. Bending forward as he laughed his head off. Alex couldn't believe he had once upon a time laughed at Philip's silly jokes.

"Being the good friend that I am, I volunteered out of my busy schedule to bring the phone myself. You should thank me, not biting my head off." He continued with a smirk.

"You know how hard it is to charm your mother. I swear she knew I was hiding something." Philip finished with a satisfactory smile.

Alex inhaled and exhaled slowly. Getting angry at Philip wouldn't solve a thing.