Chapter Thirteen

Fuck me! Fuck me! Fuck me!

Alex felt so bad that he turned away from her radiant face in shame. He looked out the window by the sink, seeing nothing but his new relation blown up in his face. And he blew it up, big time. Without any finger-pointing, Alex knew he had cut his own throat with his negligence.

He was the biggest fool in the universe.

How could he have forgotten to ask for something as vital as her name? Her identity? Philip had asked him severely, she had hinted it numerous times but his dick had a hold of his mind and held him at ransom.

His animalistic nature had not made it a priority. That part of him doesn't care about her name. Knowing her scent was all the introduction his wolf needed. His human brain should have known better, but all his attention was tuned to one channel only, entering her depth and never coming out again.

The mating bond had eroded his mental faculties.

He was more interested in knowing her body like the back of his hand and failed to pay attention to the basics. The essentials. He had failed as her lover, her Mate, and her Beta. He failed relationship 101. He had overstepped the mark and flunked woefully. It was unforgivable.

But...

Deep down, buried somewhere in his mind he had been too scared to ask any personal questions. He handled her with kid gloves because he wanted to keep her on the lockdown and not trigger whatever was making her hide from him. To gently seduce her into staying and ask questions when her barriers were down.

Alex heard her drop down from the kitchen island, her soft steps moved closer before her arms wrapped around his midsection as she hugged him from behind. He inhaled sharply as her soft breasts pressed against his solid back. Her first initiated contact with him.

He immediately stifled in his pants. His chain reactions to her touch were pathetic. Now is not the time. Alex admonished himself.

"I didn't tell you to get a rise out of you," Ivy consoled him, "I thought you'd like to know."

"Of course, I want to know your name, Ivy. I'm the Worst Mate Ever!" Alex bitterly concluded. Each word lashed out in regret, his harsh tone served as his punishment for his oversight.

"No, you are not. I understand you were preoccupied." Ivy teased him with her mouth against his back. She tried not to let the humor in her voice show, but he heard it.

She was laughing at him.

That was a good sign. He still got a chance to make things right. He hasn't totally failed after all.

Alex turned around and warped her in his arms. She was about a head shorter with her head barely reaching his shoulders, but she fit so well in his arms. She was custom-made for him. He kissed her neck, inhaling her unique scent deeply.

She was his fix; he was addicted and never want to be sober. Ever. God, He needed her like he needed air to breathe.

His protectiveness towards the beautiful bunch of mysteries in his arms heightened.

"You have a beautiful name baby. Ivy, a perfect name for my perfect mate," he whispers into her ear. She stiffened in his arms.

"I'm not perfect." She protested.

"Yes, you are. You are perfect and you compliment me. You complete me. I will try my best to be the perfect man for you."

"Alex, you are the perfect one here."