Undeceided Decisons

Chapter Eight:Undecided Decisions.
"When someone's else happiness is your happiness that's love."

Adam's POV.
I have to leave for Dubai as soon as possible, my company is in a financial crisis. An employee has been stealing from the company, by manipulating and creating false transactions in the company's business software. Luckily another employee noticed something and informed the manger. He immediately informed me.

The company has lost millions of money and the culprit is unknown. I don't know how long it will take to find the culprit. I have been so busy, making phone calls and hiring investigators to solve the case. I have to postpone the wedding date. I don't even know when I'll be back in Kuwait due to the trials.

When I explained to my mother about the problem that had accrued. My mother became sad, she was very very excited about the wedding. My father explained to my mother about the urgency of my departure and she finally understood that I had to leave for Dubai. I have to talk to Halaat and explain the situation. I just hope she understands. I called Halaat and she picked up.

"Assalam alaykum," I said.

"Walikum Salam," she replied.

"Halaat I am sorry but we need to postpone the wedding date," I said.

"But why?"she asked curiously.

"My company in Dubai needs my full attention. One of the employee has been creating false transactions. The company has lost billions and..."

"I understand, the company obviously needs you," she said interrupting me. When Halaat spoke she tried her best to sound supportive but her voice altered at the end I knew she was sad. I remained silent, I didn't know what to say to comfort her.

"Take care," she said with a little enthusiasm.

"You too," I replied. I didn't know what to do. I was dumbstruck and I have never been dumbstruck in my life. Just when I was sure that I am the master of my thoughts fate takes a new turn.

Halaat's POV.

I was disappointed to hear that the wedding will be postponed, due the problem in one of Adam's company. I don't know why I feel scared. The ring on my finger insured me his return but my heart kept on telling otherwise. My father left us and he never came back, what if...

"Hala who are thinking of?" my sister said interrupting my thoughts. I look at her and smiled faintly. She came into my room and sat on the beanbag than I told Ayat about what Adam had told me. She too didn't know what to say. We sat in silence, both in our thought bubbles.

"Look on the bright side, we have more time for shopping," Ayat said trying to improve my mood.

"Okay," I replied. Ayat hugged me and told me to trust in God and his plans. He knows what's best for us.

She left my room and I laid on my bed. I started asking my self questions I never thought I would ask my self. Why am so intimidated to get married? Am I in love?

...

Sorry for the really short chapter. I am working chapter nine and ten, I decided to make chapter eight really suspenseful. I'll post the chapters as soon as I am done.

Thanks for reading:)