Chapter 31 - Lustful Lizzie (FINAL EDIT)

After four eggs, a pile of bacon, a couple of slices of heavily buttered bread, half a liter of orange juice and two Americanos (Bella wasn't around, so she couldn't complain about my coffee preferences) I was starting to feel a whole lot better.

The company was good too. Donna and Emma hadn't shown up yet, but I assured the others they would be along when it suited them.

I told the youngsters that Bella had gotten an emergency call from work and that Greg had taken her on the snowmobile. Not my best lie, but the only one I could come up with that didn't involve telling them Bella was a crazy witch and Greg a murderous werewolf.

The rest of us, me, Lizzie, and the traveling foursome – sans Kimberly, who wore a perpetual frown and tried to avoid replying with complete sentences – chatted about nothing and everything.

Mostly we talked about relationships and sex. I didn't find it odd at the time. The four of them knew each other very well, and both me and Lizzie were of the open and easygoing sort. In hindsight, I can say that the conversation – the entire atmosphere for that matter – was unusually laden with a sense of intimacy and sexual tension.

Sometime after breakfast, several bottles of Scotch were put on the table – the others couldn't quite believe how heinous Greg's collection of whisky was, so I had to prove it to them. The four amigos folded pretty quickly under the weight of single malts, but Lizzie turned out to have a stronger stomach than most. She claimed a life of red wine and tequila had prepared her for almost anything. I believed her – she chugged those ghastly drinks with disturbing ease.

Harry drifted downstairs with Juliette and Kimberly to rummage for more cold-weather clothes. They wanted to go outside and make a snowman or something. India remained in the kitchen to clean up after the meal. I offered to help, but she claimed to have nothing better to do. I didn't tell her that if she just left things where they were, invisible servants would soon set everything right.

Lizzie and I drifted over to the fireplace. It had stopped snowing and the temperature was dropping. Up in the mountains, the weather can change very quickly and with little warning. I could see the loft quite clearly now, on the other side of the yard, where three of the youngsters were hard at work with their snowman. Maybe Emma had also fallen asleep? Perhaps she, like her sister, got really sleepy after some mind-blowing sex?

I put some more logs on the fire and pulled the two big chairs closer to the fireplace. Lizzie brought whisky and glasses. She ignored her chair and dropped into my lap. I was not the least surprised. It felt completely natural, as if we had known each other a long time, and had been intimate before. We snuggled together and continued our conversation one on one, with only the flames and the Scotch keeping us company.

Talking to her was very nice. In the car, she had hardly said a word, but that was probably due to the twins talking all the fucking time. Now that we were alone, she came across as very open and easy to be around. She laughed easily and honestly. She was witty and intelligent and way more well-read than me.

We began talking about love and sex, of past lovers, and one night stands. Of good sex – and the not so great. We both bragged a bit, I dare say, but it was great fun – I had never really swapped war-stories like this with anyone. I'm not really the type to go around telling my mates, such as they are, about my exploits.

She looked damn lovely too. A little over average height, in the slender category, but with very feminine curves to go with them – unlike Abbie, she had hips to die for and a butt than oozed sex. Fit enough, but not the gym type. Heart-shaped face, strong features, bright eyes, a white smile. And that fabulous golden mane of hair, framing her lovely face and cascading down her body.

She was sitting on top of me now, legs to either side of me, back to the fire. She felt nice, her body heat mingling with mine, and that coming from the flames. Still, we talked. Some of it I had never shared with a living soul. Not even my dear friend Abbie.

"You're me," I said, sounding graver than I intended. "Only with a nicer chest," I added and looked straight ahead, at Lizzie's firm, round breasts. And it was the truth. Lizzie was me. A female me. Pretty and smart – a bit more than me on both counts, but close enough – sexually promiscuous, outgoing, charming, unable to settle down, unable to take life too seriously. I wonder if she too carried some secret. Of unrequited love. Of treachery. Of blackest magic. Probably not.

"Jinx!" she called and started pulling off her top, laughing, claiming she was too warm.

"It's not jinxed if you don't say it," I countered. I could not take my eyes away from Bella's cream and pink bra. It suited Lizzie even better than it did Bella.

"I was thinking it!" she exclaimed. "That counts too!"

"No, it doesn't," I said and brushed away some hair falling across her shoulder.

She dipped the shoulder, letting the strap glide slowly down, but it caught against skin and stopped.

It was maddening.

I let my hand fall away from her hair, 'accidentally' brushing against the strap in the process.

The bra stayed in place, of course, but the nearness of her, the heat, the bare skin, the flowing hair... it was intensely arousing, and the falling strap, hinting at more... it was what pushed me over the edge and into the abyss of desire.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her slowly towards me. I kissed her bare shoulder. The smell of her, the taste of her skin. A bright summer's day. Sun and salt. The thyme fields of Crete in the evening. A fire to keep the night chill away.

"Have fun," I heard India call as she headed downstairs.

"We will," we replied in unison.

"Jinx!" we both called.

That was the last thing either of us said for a while – soon we were out of breath, the both of us.