From the author: We did it!

They said it couldn't be done. They said it was folly, said we would stumble and fall. But WE DID IT!

Cabin Fever is FINISHED!!!

I can hardly believe it's true.

I all began a dark and stormy night in 2015...

... that's when I started Cabin Fever, half as a joke, half in response to a challenge. A challenge to write something different (no epic sci-fi or fantasy), write something outside my normal comfort zone. Because of the nature of my challenger/muse, it had to be erotica. It's not something I'm uncomfortable with, quite the contrary, but I'd never actually written any. So I did.

That story became Cabin Fever. It was originally slated to be a short story, or maybe a really short novella, 15-20k words tops. Clocking in at nearly 80k words, I think we can safely say it took on a life of its own. I still think of it as a novella though; it's obviously not a short story anymore, but it's not really a novel either.

I always knew how the story would start, how it would go, how it would end. I just never filled in all the blank spots – before now. So what you finally got to read is what I originally envisioned, except: The Christina part got added (this was at the time of the 50 Shades Great BDSM Craze, so of course it needed some of that). The seven sexy fuckbuddies were added to expand the story. Originally it was just Felix, Abbie/Bella and Greg meeting at the cabin, doing all the stuff that made it into the book, but without any supporting characters (Felix almost brought Christina, but I scrapped that idea – basically Christina turned into seven travelers).

It's was a bumpy ride. It was always meant a side project to Dark Omega, my sci-fi epic, so progress was intermittent. But by 2016 I had a good number of parts. As a joke (more or less) I entered it into the Wattys along with my sci-fi. Then I honestly forgot about it – even stopped writing new parts. Much to my surprise, in my Inbox it said: Cabin Fever got a Watty, HQ Love category. Didn't even know that category existed. But this lady at HQ, no names will be mentioned, was rumored to have taken a liking to the Felix...

That Watty made me want to write more, of course. Even amateur writers live for recognition. So I put out a lot of new parts late 2016 and into 2017... then real life happened. I was always going to come back, but I never did. I didn't stop writing or making stories, but it was no longer Dark Omega or Cabin Fever or anything to do with Wattpad. Until one day... I simply got the urge to finish what I had started. So I did. And here we are. Done, at long last.

Thanks for reading. Hope you had a lot of raunchy fun!

Love,

Felix