Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Jealousy

Everything started three years ago, that was when I knocked the first domino down.

Jonathan and Evan were in seventh grade, I was in fourth, but that's not important. Let's get back on topic.

Seventh grade, and those two were very much inseparable, attached at the hip some would say. But there was a problem, only one, a single flaw, and that was what really brought everything crashing down.

Evan was popular, very popular to say the least. He knew everyone in his school, nearly all by name, anyone who got a good look at him at first glance, they would think of him as a star football player.

He was not. In fact, he was what football players would call a 'nerd', but he was a popular nerd, so it was okay. Evan had always hung out with his other best friends, Tyler Wilde, David Nogla, Brian Riser, Marcel Wrk, and Lui Calibre.

But all those names are too hard to remember, so let's just call them.....The First Clique.

On the other hand, Jonathan and his friends were a bit more, invisible so to speak, because they didn't like to draw attention to themselves the way Evan did, oh no, but it was great fun to watch from the sidelines.

I would know, because that's where I've always been. The sidelines, watching from the bet seat in the house besides the middle of the action.

Jonathan's other best friends were Craig Thompson, Brock Snuckel, and the occasional interaction with Luke Toonz. One thing to note about this group is that they were significantly more anti-social than Evan's group. So, we'll call them.......The Second Clique.

Now, remember, these names aren't permanent, so get too emotional about them.

Evan and Jonathan met in second grade, it was the third day of school and the teacher had finally decided on a seating chart. Sounds ridiculous, I know, having a seating chart in second grade, but this class was very rambunctious and liked to cause trouble. So they troublemakers were separated.

And guess who wound up next to each other? That's right, Evan and Jonathan.

From there things kind of escalated, the two quickly became best friends, sharing secrets with each other that they wouldn't dare utter a word of to anyone else. Yeah, their other friends were pissed at first by how close those two were, but they learned to live with it, because, well, you know.

Everyone has a secret......Jonathan had secrets he wouldn't even tell Evan. And Evan? Oh, Evan had so many secrets it's hard to count them all.

But, I only two of them and a few of you may already know them.

Getting back on track, I had always been envious of the relationship between those two. I mean, who wouldn't want a friend you could tell almost anything to, who wouldn't judge you for what you did and was there when you needed them most.

Hell, Jonathan relied so much on Evan that he had even shut me out countless times. His reasoning? Evan understands what's going on, you don't.

Long story short, I was sick of Evan being on a higher pedestal than me.

So I knocked his ass down.

November 15, Jonathan was getting ready to go to school. He wore ripped black jeans, a light gray acid wash t-shirt, and his favorite blue hoodie with some generic black converse. I remember, because you never forget the day you ruin someone's life.

He had just eaten breakfast, a bowl of Frosted Flakes with milk and a side of toast, one layer of butter with grape jelly smeared on top. A big breakfast for a school day, but he was early.

It was outside, and it was unusually cold for an autumn day, it really matched how I felt inside.

We were waiting for his friends, since they usually drop by his house so they can all walk to the bus stop together, but they were a bit late.

I saw my golden opportunity, and I knew it wasn't going to come again.

So, that's when I did it, that's when I lied to him. Oh, and it was a great lie too, it was planned perfectly, and his face afterwards was priceless.

In that moment, that face of anger was exactly what I wanted to see, because I knew where that anger was going. I knew it was directly for Evan, and I couldn't be more happy.

Because for the first time in what felt like forever, I was finally getting my place on the highest pedestal.

But, if I could go back now, I would've kept my mouth shut, because now I know better. It's like one of those teachable moments that parents do when kids make a mistake, they make a lesson out of it. Except usually kids either eat too much candy, break something expensive while messing around, accidentally ruin their favorite shirt by playing with their food, but this isn't one of those mistakes, this one can't be fixed.

The lesson here is that you don't mess with people's lives, no matter what you may gain from it, it's wrong.

It's so.....wrong.

And to make sure that this lesson sticks with you for the rest of your lives, I'm gonna tell all of you about the shit show I caused on that day.

Because my story doesn't end here, no, no, this was just the beginning.

So, lets dive right in, shall we?

Once upon a lie, there was a stupid girl who was jealous of two best friends.