Chapter Twenty-Six

It's been about a month now since I decided to help Tyler break his sire-bond to Klaus. It was a lot harder and more intense than I thought it would be. Tyler has to change so many times in order to break it. Since we've been gone, he's already transformed over 50 times. Each time he groaned and screamed in agonizing pain. It sucked that there was nothing I could do for him. 

But as of right now, we're sitting at a little pub in the middle of nowhere, so Tyler can take a break from shifting. It'll be the first actual cooling down he's had in a month. He kept going at it and wouldn't stop until I made him stop, and today is the day where I put my foot down and told him he needed a day off before he shifted so much he ripped his insides out. 

"I really can't thank you enough for this Bailey." Tyler said as he ate his burger. I smiled at him and nodded. 

"Of course Tyler. It's my pleasure to help." I said as I took a sip of my tea that I secretly spiked. Mostly because I was starting to feel a bit hungry and the alcohol helped with the craving. Sadly not for long though, I would have to hunt tonight. 

"I'm still scared I'm going to do something stupid. I don't want to bite you accidentally or anything." he muffled as he shoved a handful of fries in his mouth. I laughed at him and took a fry from my plate. 

"It'll be okay Tyler. And if you do, I got it covered." I said shrugging at him. He looked at me with raised eyebrows in a confusion look. "I'm still friends with Klaus you know? I'm pretty sure he would help me if I got bit." I said and took a drink of my tea. 

"But he won't be okay with you helping me break his stupid sire-bond." he grumbled. 

"He doesn't have to know about that. All he knows is that you left, that's all. He thinks I'm in South Korea." I said to him. He looked up at me and nodded and continued eating his food. Hybrid's are so weird. Sometimes they crave blood, then other times they crave normal human food. It was nice to see Tyler enjoy actual food though, instead of blood. 

About fifteen minutes later, Tyler finished his meal and we paid and left. We waked back to this little house in the woods that we have been staying at. It belonged to a nice couple. They were maybe in their 40's. But they were werewolves, and we told them about Tyler's condition and they let us stay there for a while as we worked on Tyler's sire-bond issue. 

"Tyler you go on ahead. I have to take care of something." I said quietly. Tyler nodded in understanding and walked to the house. I walked around in the woods for a while, waiting to fine some sort of animal to sink my teeth into. I couldn't have human blood, mostly because the town was so small people would know if someone had gone missing. Usually it wouldn't be a problem, since I don't usually kill when I feed, but since it has been about two weeks since I last fed, I'd probably drain the poor human. Surveying my surroundings, I heard a crunch from someone or something crunching on the leaves that had fallen to the ground. I stopped and hid behind a tree and listened even more. More crunching followed and I waited patiently as it grew closer. I looked around the tree and saw a doe walk around a big tree. I felt my fangs protruding through my gums as I could hear the blood pump through her veins. Slowly and cautiously, I began walking towards it, crouching in an almost sitting position. A gust of wind went right past me towards the doe. She stood on high alert as she smelled my scent. I cursed and sped to the doe tackling it to the ground, sinking my teeth into the poor doe's neck. Draining the poor beast in merely a minute flat. Feeling full but less than satisfied, I walked towards the little house, where Tyler will be waiting. He always waits up when I go out hunting. He wants to make sure that I return safe. There has been rumors of hunters in this village. We haven't came across any so far, and I hope we never do. As I walked up to the house I saw Tyler sitting on the porch, looking at his phone. He was more than likely looking at pictures of Caroline, like he always does. I know he misses her. Almost as must as I miss Elijah.