Chapter Eighteen

It was the first day being back at Mystic Falls. Ever since I left that damned island, nothing as quite been the same with me. I can't quite figure it out, but I felt different. I didn't put must thought in it though. Especially since I didn't exactly have time. When I got back to the boarding house, Elijah was already there, waiting. As soon as I saw him, everything completely went away from my head and I ran at him and hugged him as tight as I could. Elijah wrapped his arms around immediately and held me tightly.

        "Do me a favor, and persuade me not to go next time." I said as he held me. He pulled from me to look at me and he had furrowed eyebrows.

        "What happened?" he questioned, his voice filled with a worry tone.

        "Jeremy's dead." I said sadly. Elijah's face went blank and he wrapped his arms around me tightly in comfort.

        "Are you okay?" he asked urgently. I nodded my head against his chest.

        "I am. But Elena isn't." I said and pulled from him.

        "We'll worry about Elena later. I'm worried about you." he said as he cupped my cheek. I smiled weakly at him and nodded.

        "I'm okay." I reassured him. He leaned in a kissed my lips lightly. I swear I could have melted but I gathered myself and pulled away from him. "I will come by the manor later okay? I need to go make sure Elena is okay." I said to him quietly. He nodded in understanding and kissed me again.

        "I'll be waiting." he said with a slight smile. I smiled back at him and I walked away from him and got in my car and drove to Elena's. When I walked in Stefan and Damon were down stairs leaning against the stair railing with their arms crossed.

        "How is she?" I asked quietly so she didn't hear me.

        "She's in denial." Damon said.

        "Have you guys tried talking to her?" I questioned. Stefan nodded and his head fell in sadness. "Poor Elena." I said sadly. I started walking up the stairs only to be stopped by Damon grabbing my arm gently. I turned my head and looked at him with questioning eyes. He closed his eyes and shook his head. I sighed and walked back down them and stood next to Stefan. "I want to help her." I said sadly. Both of the Salvatore brothers looked at one another and back at me in agreement.

        "We do too but there is nothing that we can do." Stefan said in a disappointed tone. "You should go get some sleep Bailey." Stefan said. Damon nodded in agreement. I sighed and looked at them.

        "Okay. Call me if anything happens okay?" I said to them. They nodded and I gave them both a hug and walked out of the house. I got in my car and went to the boarding house before I went to the manor. When I got there I ran upstairs and got changed. I took one last look at myself in the mirror and started to walk out of my room. When I did I heard the front door open and shut.

        "Damon? Stefan? I thought you guys would still be at Elena's." I called as I jogged down the stairs. When I got down them and looked in the parlor, no one was there. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around. "Hello?" I called out, but again no answer. I heard a woosh and turned to look. Sitting on one of the couches in the parlor was someone I haven't even thought I would ever see again. "Radella Petrova." I stated. She grinned at me and my eyes widened.

        "Well hello Bailey." she grinned ear to ear.

        "What are you doing here?" I questioned while taking a few steps towards her.

        "Awe, is that how you greet someone you haven't seen in almost 200 years. I'm hurt." she said fakely as she put her hand over her heart.