Chapter Twelve

"Why are you guy's looking at me like that?" I questioned them. Everyone turned their head from me but Stefan and Damon. They both walked up to me and gave me a look that said "we're sorry", which scared me. "Guys this isn't funny. What's going on?" I questioned them again, but this time I asked it directly to Stefan and Damon. 
        "There's something that we need to tell you. But I think it would be better if we told you up in your room." Damon said while gesturing towards the stairs. I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms but walked in the direction of the stairs anyway. I turned to look at the others who all just looked towards me with sad faces. I then saw Stefan and Damon share a glance with the others before following me. I walked into my room and stood there. Damon and Stefan entered after me and closed the door. I looked at them with questioning eyes. 
        "Okay guys, what's going on?" I asked seriously. They both shared a glance before turning to look at me. 
        "We're going to tell you something, that you probably aren't going to like." Damon said with a matter of fact tone. I sent him a questioning glace and then turned my head towards Stefan. 
        "You believe that Mike has his humanity back on right?" he questioned. I furrowed my eyebrows even more but nodded. Stefan sighed heavily which made me want to cringe. At that sigh, I knew he was about to tell me something that I'm not going to like. "You might want to sit down for this." Stefan said gesturing towards the bed. I sighed and walked over to it and sat down. "Now, yes he does have his humanity on, but there's something he wanted us to tell you." Stefan glanced at Damon who nodded. "He wanted us to tell you that he's sorry for everything that he's done to you and that you'll never have to put up with it again." he explained. I furrowed my eyebrows even more. 
        "I don't know where this is going." I replied. 
        "He wasn't finished Bails." Damon said in a sincere tone. My eyes sort of widened at this and I turned back to Stefan. 
        "He wanted us to tell you goodbye." Stefan said very sadly. I furrowed my eyebrows yet again in confusion. 
        "What, what do you mean goodbye? We said goodbye." I replied. My mind was going in a very bad direction and I don't know if I'll be able to handle it if what I am thinking is true. 
        "He's going to kill himself Bailey." Damon said with sincere. My eyes widened at this news and I instantly froze. I couldn't do anything. If I was human I probably wouldn't be breathing and I'd probably die. I couldn't blink, couldn't speak, couldn't even move. My mind went blank. There is nothing that could make me be okay with this. Even though Mike has done some terrible things to me in the past, doesn't mean that I don't still love him, as a brother that is. He was my oldest friend, besides Nik and Bekah. We've been through Hell and back multiple times and I would do it all over again. I can't believe that I lost him. Reality hit me like a wrecking ball and I felt my eyes swell up with tears. I brought my hand up to my mouth to hold in my sobs and let the tears fall. Stefan and Damon only ever saw me cry one other time. I don't cry often. I felt my bed dip signalling that there were people that sat next to me. Two pairs of arms wrapped around me in a protective manner. I welcomed their arms embracing me. My head fell onto, who I was assuming, Stefan's chest, but Damon was still close to me. The soothed me and told me little things in my ear, which made it better. They told me stories of me and Mike that I have told them. They made me smile. I don't know what I would do without them. Damon may be a pain in my ass but he's a great friend, and an even better brother, believe it or not. Stefan has always been incredibly amazing to me. He's been the brother I never had. No matter how much they get under my skin, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. 
        "Thanks guys." I whispered to them. They both kissed the top of my head and nodded at me. 
        "If you need anything, you know where we'll be." Stefan said to me. I nodded and they both got up and left me to mourn. I don't know when he's planning to do this but there is nothing I can do about it. He's probably out of the state by now and I have no idea where he could have gone. I feel hopeless. I just wish that I could tell him that everything is okay. That's what I get for not getting his cell phone number. There's nothing I can do and it sucks. I laid down on my bed and cuddled my pillow, wanting to do nothing but cry. A little while later I fell asleep.
        I woke up the next morning wanting to do absolutely nothing. But I can't just lay here and do nothing for the next week. I have to get up and do something or I might do something that I will regret. I sighed heavily and got up. I walked towards the bathroom and did my daily routine, but slower than I usually would. I walked into my bedroom after my bathroom routine and got dressed. Once I felt okay with my appearance I walked down to the living room. When I got there Stefan was the only one there. He sent me a small smile and I returned it. I sat down on the couch across from where Stefan was sitting and pulled my knees to my chest.
        "How you doing?" he questioned. I shrugged and he got up. 
        "I don't know. I'm trying to not really let the sadness get into my head." I answered truthfully. Stefan then brought me a glass of blood. "Thanks Stef." I smiled at him. He smiled back and nodded. 
        "I noticed you haven't been drinking lately. Thought you might need it before you start decaying." he joked. I chuckled at him and nodded. 
        "Always looking out for me." I smiled at him. He smiled and shrugged. 
        "I feel like I should. I know you're older than me but I can't help but to think of you as a little sister." he replied. I smiled brightly. 
        "Awh Stef, you're getting soft." I beamed. He just chuckled and shrugged. Our little moment was ruined with a knock at the door. Stefan walked to it but I don't know who was at the door. "Stef, who's at the door?" I questioned. My question was answered when Elijah walked in the room. He smiled at me and I returned it. 
        "How are you doing?" he asked while striding towards me. I sighed and shrugged. 
        "Good I guess. I'm trying to not let the sadness in." I replied honestly. He nodded in understanding and sat next to me. I shifted so that I was facing him. He took my hand, the one that wasn't holding the glass of blood, and held it tightly. I smiled at this action. 
        "I'm here if you ever need me." he said while rubbing the back of my hand. I smiled at him and nodded. 
        "I know." I replied. We stayed on the couch for a while just talking. He asked what were the best memories I had with Mike and I asked him more questions about his past. The more time I spend with Elijah, the more I fall in love with him. He soon left because Nik called him saying he needed him for some reason. When Elijah left I just sat in the living room staring at the fire place and thinking, which may have been a terrible idea. 

A/N Hey guys! Sorry for the late update! I have been swapped with school work and I haven't had time to write. But today I had some time on my hands so I decided to update!!! Hope you guys like it c: