CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER ONE

Jaime Potter woke in the dead of night panting and her heart beating twice as fast than usual. It was just a dream, she thought, a bad dream and it played again in the back of her mind; blast of spells thrown at each other from young witches and wizards, and Death Eaters, Lord Voldemort pointing his wand at her while doing the spell at her that will forever haunt her, deaths of friends, family, loved ones, classmates and rivals.
Jaime quickly got out of bed, she slipped on her some shoes and grabbed her coat, she left her room and walked down the stairs as quietly as possible to not wake up Harry that is until she passed Mrs. Black's portrait. The woman scowled at her upon she saw Jaime at the stairs,

"Scum! Half-blood! How dare you befoul my house and the house of my fathers – "

"Oh, shut up you old hag." Jaime said at the portrait and continued to descend the wooden stairs with her shoes making soft sounds, which she was sure won't wake Harry. Jaime walked down the hall of the house towards the front door, almost tripping on the coat hanger on the way. Once outside, Jaime was embraced by the cold night, she quickly put on her coat and buried her hands inside the pockets of it, she took a deep breath and exhales, she closed her eyes, trying to forget of the dream she had. But how could she? What happened to her was the time when she felt most scared and vulnerable in her entire life, and how could she forget when she will be returning to where everything happened in less than two weeks. If only she agreed to join Harry and Ron on Auror training, then she won't be going back to Hogwarts.

"Hey."

Jaime looked up and saw Harry by the door.

"Hey." Jaime slightly smiled, "did I wake you, Harry? I'm really sorry."

"No, it's fine... I wasn't really sleeping." Harry said. That was a lie; he was asleep until he heard a door close and soft footsteps climbing down the stairs, when he heard Mrs. Black's screaming, he was already peeking outside his door and when he heard Jaime exit the house, Harry quickly went to get his wand and got on some shoes and went to follow Jaime.

"You should go back inside Harry, it's late and I'm sure you're tired." Jaime said.

"What about you?" Harry asked.

"I fine... just need some air..."

"Then I'll join, if you don't mind, that is."

Jaime smiled, "No, I don't."

Harry went to the steps and sat down, he patted on the space next to him and Jaime sat down next to him. Jaime had her head rested on Harry's shoulder while Harry held Jaime's hand, comforting her.

"So, what is it this time?" Harry asked.

"Same..."

Harry knew about Jaime's nightmares, he too had them for awhile, but was able to deal with it. But Jaime, she still has them, and no one can blame her for that, sure Harry went through a lot last year but no one knew the pain and torture that Lord Voldemort did to Jaime for past four to five months she was in Malfoy Manor and she was surprised that she even survived that long, that it didn't break her sanity or killed her.
The only ones who knew what happened to her – the ones who actually saw her break, and hear her cry – were the Malfoys. They were there the whole time, along with the other Death Eaters, watching as Lord Voldemort used the Cruciatus Curse on her to get information on her brother's whereabouts, but wasn't able to get it.

"You know, you don't have to go back – if you don't want to, that is." Harry said.

Jaime hummed in response and said, "But I have to if I want to get in to the Ministry... I'm not even sure if I can – "

"I know... and you don't have too – I just want you going through that pain alone, again." Harry involuntarily squeezed Jaime's hand. Harry knew what happened to Jaime during the five months she and him were separated, and because of what happened to her she was still having nightmares. It made Harry feel angry and guilty whenever he remember seeing his sister in Malfoy Manor.

"I won't, because I'm not alone." Jaime placed her other hand on Harry's. Harry slightly turned to Jaime and smiled.

"Good... why don't we go inside – it's quite chilly out here?"

"Sure, as long as that old hag shuts up – are you sure we can't take her off the wall?"

"We can't, remember what Sirius said?That she put some spell to the portrait so no one can remove it."

"How about we blow up the wall?" Jaime suggested, her eyes gazing up on Harry with hope.

"Jaime, we can't do that." Harry sighed.

"How about we paint on her face or just smudge her mouth, maybe she'll stop – "

"Jaime!" Harry warned.

"Alright!" Jaime raised her hands in defeat, "we won't do anything to her."

After an awkward silence Harry chuckled then started to laugh, then Jaime as well. After a few minutes their laughter stopped, but their smiles never left their faces.

"C'mon," Harry got up, and then got out his hand for Jaime to take, "it's still late, you need to get some sleep."

Jaime took Harry's hand and got up from the step, "Me? What about you?"

"It's already four in the morning." Harry said.

"So? Why do I have to go back to bed?" Jaime questioned.

"You're still a growing girl and don't you think you're way too short for your age?" Harry joked, his smile reaching his ears.

"I'm seventeen, Harry!"

"You just turned seventeen a few days ago." Harry chuckled and opened the door of 12 Grimmauld Place, he stood by the door, opening it wide and waited for Jaime to enter. Jaime entered the house with Harry following in suit; Harry closed the door and locked it, before they went up the stairs. Jaime still didn't stop on telling Harry that she has come of age and no longer a baby and Harry just laughed the whole time.

"You filths! Half-bloods! Disrupting my house!" Mrs. Black yelled at Harry and Jaime. Harry and Jaime stopped by Mrs. Black's portrait, both staring at the portrait with annoyance.

"SHUT UP YOU OLD HAG!"

And both Harry and Jaime shut the curtain at Mrs. Black's face.