CHAPTER 44

CHAPTER 44

Today was the final day for all the students, it was finally the end of the term – and the last day in Hogwarts for the seventh years. The graduation ceremony of seventh years have ended only a few hours ago and most of the students were back in their dorms to pack their remaining things in their dorms. Draco had finished collecting his things and was waiting for Theodore in the Slytherin common room.

"Would you hurry it up?" Draco called.

"Wait a minute!" Theodore said, "Someone hid my robes."

Draco sighed and sat on the couch. Draco looked around the Slytherin common room, he may not have that many happy memories in the room, but it was his home for the past eight years... Draco ran his hands through his hair and took in the place, he will miss the place... it kind of grew on to him.

"I'm done." Theodore came down from the dorms with his trunk and bags, "Come on, Hogwarts Express won't be waiting for us."

"Yeah, let's go." Draco took a last look around then followed Theodore out of the common room. Draco was the last one to exit the Slytherin common room, he stared in the room for a while then closed the portrait. Draco and Theodore went up to the Great Hall where most of the parents came to congratulate their children to finally finish Hogwarts, he saw the Hannah Abbot and her father having a photo with some of her friends; Seamus Finnigan with his parents, his muggle father was congratulating him for finishing Hogwarts; the Weasleys, Grangers and Harry Potter, who were celebrating for Hermoine. Draco looked around to look for his family, and saw his mother and father standing at the side awkwardly, with an Auror watching them, they were waiting for him and Theodore.

"Mother." Draco greeted. Narcissa came to Draco and gave him a hug.

"Draco." She smiled, then turned to Theodore, "Theodore," she nodded at the only boy who didn't have any family member to congratulate him in his graduation, "I'm sure your father would be proud of you."

"I know..." Theodore gave Narcissa a fake smile, but Theodore knew that his father wouldn't – but he didn't care.

The laughter of the Weasleys, Grangers and Potters caught the Malfoy's attention, they all turned to the large crowd. Narcissa sighed as well as Lucius. "Come Draco," Narcissa said, "Let's go home."

Draco turned to his mother, "Just one second." Draco said, he then left his parent's side and went to the Weasleys. Narcissa and Lucius were confused why their son had business with the Weasleys, Potters or Grangers.

Draco went to the big crowd of the close friends (Harry, Hermoine and Ron), he awkwardly stood behind Harry and thought of a way to catch his attention. Luckily, Ron saw him and frowned, "What do you want, Malfoy?" everyone turned to Draco with glares, but Hermoine, Ginny and Jaime (Jaime was smiling when she saw Draco). Draco pursed his lips and took a breath, "I was wondering if I could take Jaime for a while." He was staring at Jaime, but then turned to Harry, who was glaring at him.

"And what makes you think you can?" Ron spat.

"Sure." Harry said.

"What?" Ron said, surprised on what Harry said.

"Sure – Jaime." Harry motioned to Jaime, Jaime went to Harry's side and was smiling, "Saying goodbye right?"

Draco chuckled, "For short goodbye – besides, we'll be seeing each other in the summer right?" Draco was looking at Jaime when he said the last part.

"And where are we going to meet during the holidays? Don't you have to go to the Ministry for an internship?" Jaime asked.

"It's only right that we have a proper date, right?" Draco said.

The Weasleys were shocked with what Draco said, all of them had their mouths open and eyes show shock, especially Ron, who was trying to find the right words to say about the situation.

"You're right. London?" Jaime suggested.

"London it is..."

"I see Nott's being questioned by your parents, Malfoy." Ginny chuckled. Draco, Jaime and Harry turned to the Malfoys and saw Theodore trying to explain to the couple of what Draco's business is with Jaime.

"Harry, I'll just go with Draco for a minute." Jaime said.

Harry sighed, "Just be back before we leave for the station."

"Don't worry, Potter, I'll return her before curfew." Draco said. Jaime left with Draco, leaving Harry to explain to Ron what happened.

Jaime and Draco went to our of the castle and went to the Astronomy Tower – they haven't been to the tower since the night before the holidays, when Jaime followed him with the Marauders map. Draco and Jaime stood hand in hand in the tower.

"Tell me, what are we doing in the Astronomy Tower, Jaime?" Draco asked.

"It's only right..." Jaime smiled, "If I haven't found you here that night, then we wouldn't be here hand in hand."

"Or this." Draco gave Jaime a light kiss.

"Yes... or that." Jaime said, "Our first encounter might not be the most memorable..."

"Please don't remind me..." Draco rolled his eyes.

"But... our first encounter this year is..."

Draco smiled and pulled Jaime to him, "Jaime I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" Jaime asked.

"Back in the Yule Ball – when I saw you, I was really tempted to leave my date then and ask you for a dance."

"How sure were you? You hated me back then."

"I was sure – you never fail to surprise me, that's all..." Draco took Jaime's hand and pulled her to a kiss.

Draco Malfoy never really thought that one day he will have any interest in Jaime Potter, and Jaime thought the same. But after what happened last year, what happened to both of them during the war – Jaime and Draco changed and thought, why not? Maybe their friendship will bring something good... and good it did...

​​​​​​​