Letter 4

Stella,

If you won't answer your calls or texts I will continue to write to you. And if you don't respond to my letters I will come to you.

We aren't ending like this.

Hell, we aren't ending at all.

As much as I want to write how perfect we are for each other, I know we aren't. I know that on paper we don't work. Our cons would outweigh our pros. But who cares? When two people are meant to be together it doesn't matter if they shouldn't work. It matters that they do.

I understand that this is my fault. That I chose to leave you home where you feel small and lost and I never tried to make you feel included. I lost minutes with you every time I rejected your phone call. I regret it.

But we always say that it's better for us not to live in regret because if we did we would never leave our homes. We'd wallow in the heaviness of our failures and never see the light. I know that's what you're doing. I know you're doing that because you're alone and no one around to push you out the door.

We played a few more shows to empty bars and a couple of shows to crowded ones. I know you're getting all of this information from Perry. It's been fun. But I know that this isn't what I want unless you're here. I thought I did. I thought that my love for music and performing outweighed my need for you. I was so damn wrong. And I'm sorry I thought that.

I hope you'll call or text or write back.

I hope you'll forgive me for this, just like you've forgiven me for everything else.

Stella, we might be wrong for each other but isn't that what makes us so damn beautiful?

I'm waiting for you, always.

-Rory