Letter 8

Stella,

What you said in the car on the way to the airport is playing on repeat in my mind, "I'm trying to figure out how I can continue loving you when I can't figure out how to even like myself."

I wish I knew how to show you how I see you because telling you isn't enough. Stella, without you my whole world is dark and it's fucking scary. The greatest thing to ever happen to me was meaningless without you.

Is it selfish of me to want to keep you with me when I know you need and want space to figure out your own life?

I know I screwed up when I left you in the dark and made you question everything between us but I won't make that same mistake again.

I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I will continue writing you letters, calling you, texting you. I know you think you need space but I'm not sure if that's true or maybe I'm too damn selfish to convince myself it's true. Either way you're stuck with me.

If you need me in the middle of the night you can call and I'll answer even if it is in the middle of a show. If you need me to fly to you I will even if I'm across the country.

I promise you Stella that I will make everything right between us. I will try to fix everything broken because we are supposed to end up together in the end.

No one would put us through all this shit just to have us end up miserable with other people, right?

I have to believe that at least.

You are trying to read over my shoulder while we are on the plane to Nashville. I'll give you this letter on your flight back.

I love you,

Rory