*BONUS CHAPTER*

Rory
3 Years Later
*unedited*

The lights are bright and hot and the sun is shining right in my eyes. My guitar is hanging loosely from my shoulder and I can feel the sweat dripping down my back.

We're rehearsing at 9:00 in the morning to prepare for our show tonight. We will be one of the closers in Nashville's biggest music festival.

The last three years have been a rush. We went from having a little money to having more than we can imagine. I still feel weird about it all.

Stella and I are still living like we were three years ago, budgeting out groceries and making sure we had enough money for Drew's diapers.

Our first album did well enough to secure a second one, but no one expected the second one to blow up the way it did.

We finish our set and Perry wipes sweat of his forehead with a towel then throws the towel at Stella.

"Disgusting," Stella says throwing the towel towards me. I step out of the way and it lands next to me.

I shake my head and Perry laughs as sweat flies off me, making Stella run off the stage pretending to throw up.

Stella is really rushing off the stage to get to Drew who is watching from behind the stage with Perry's wife.

"One day can I be on stage?" Drew asks walking out holding Stella's hand.

She comes running full force into my arms, "sure, Drew, if that's what you want." She has me wrapped around her tiny fingers. From her eyes that match Stella's to the brown curls that match mine.

Stella rolls her eyes playfully, "I thought you wanted to be an astronaut."

Drew nods enthusiastically, "yup. Astronaut and then a singer." She tells us like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

The three of us stand in the center of the stage with Perry and his wife. It's insane to think that we have a family. A family filled with love, laughter, happiness.

It's still Perry, Stella, and I against the world but with new additions.

We all collapse on the couch when we make our way backstage. I pull out a notebook and Stella gives me a knowing look. Her and Drew head off to go get us all breakfast.

When I'm alone with my thoughts I begin writing.

Drew,

Today you told us that you wanted to be an astronaut and a singer. It is an ambitious career path but I know you can do it.

Your eyes light up when you talk about the future and I wish it could all slow down.

Enjoy your childhood because it's one that is so special and so unique. Your mom and I didn't get a real childhood and I'm so glad we could give you one.

You'll learn all about that when you're older.

I hope that all of your dreams come true just like mine and mommy's have. I want you to always know what love feels and looks like and I hope we have provided a strong foundation for you.

You're my life, Drew. If you asked me what I wanted to be before you were born I would have said a musician. Now if you asked me I'd say your dad.

There is nothing better than being your father, Drew. Every smile, every laugh, every scrape and bruise have been the most valuable memories.

As you grow up I want you to know how hard love is and how sometimes life throws unexpected obstacles.

I want you to know that you can always talk to me and I'll listen.

Drew, I hope you become an astronaut and a singer and anything else you decide to be.

No matter what, I love you

-Dad