Chapter 5 - Aquarium

It was already Golden Week so I had a week off from school. Asako and Chi invited me to the aquarium with them along with Asako's older sister since she won extra tickets and also cause she had no friends to go with. Her sister wanted some cute guys to come, therefore we dragged Makoto and Haru cause accordinging to Asako and Chi I'm very close to them. It was hard deciding what to wear because I've never had gone out with such a big group. I decided on either a red tee tucked into black short shorts and some high knee socks, or a pale pink short sleeved blouse with a pair of white short shorts. I couldn't decide so I opened the balcony door to find Haru snoozing haven't gotten ready at all with a cup of Starbucks on the ground.

"Haru!" I yelled over. "I need help on what to wear." His eyes opened and I showed him the two options.

"Why are you asking me?" He asked grouchily.

"Because, I want to know what guys like to see girls wear."

He stared at me for a moment. "Wear a bikini then. Every guy loves to see that." He said teasingly.

"Eww. You pervert!" I yelled covering my chest.

He laughed, "I'm kidding. The one with the pink blouse looks nice." and he smiled.

I felt a blush over me. "Thanks Haru!" I smiled and closed the balcony door hurrying to dress.

I met Haru outside later as I exited my house. Was he waiting for me? "Haru!" I called. He took off his headphones resting them on his shoulders and smiled. My heart skipped a beat for a moment.

"Let's go." He said and started walking. So he was waiting for me.

We arrived at the train station and went on the train leading to the aquarium. It was super crowded in the train so we had to stand apparently. The train stopped and an elderly lady left her seat and went out.

"There's an empty seat. Why don't you go sit down?" Haru asked.

"No, no. You should. I'm fine--" before I finished Haru pulled me over to sit on the seat.

"Just sit. I don't want to see a girl stand while I sit." He said looking away. I smiled at him. He's such a nice guy.

We arrived at the aquarium at the entrance seeing Makoto, Chi, Asako, and another girl.

"Rin!" Chi called, "Over here!" I ran over to them while Haru walked.

"Hey Rin-Rin, how was your morning?" Makoto asked smiling.

"Oh, it was nice." I replied.

"By nice, do you mean something happened between you and Haru? You guys live like next door to each other." Chi teased.

W-what?! No." I defended blushing and looked over at Asako. She laughed, it seems she gotten over Haru. She said there was someone though, I wonder who?

"Seriously? You guys live that close?" Makoto asked worryingly while Haru finally got over to us.

"Y-yeah. But nothing happened!" I told him.

"Whew. Thank god." He said relieved. Thank god? Was he that relieved that nothing happened? Haru took off his headphones.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked.

"Nothing! Let's go in now! O ho ho ho!" I laughed crazily.

"Wait. Let me introduce my sister." Asako called stopping me from running toward the entrance. "This is my older sister Yui."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Makoto Takahashi."

"I'm Haru Fujioka."

"Oh. I'm Chi Tachibana! Nice to meet you Asako's sister."

"Yui!" Asako scolded. Then she turned to me.

"Oh! Nice to meet you. I'm Rin Yamamoto!" I said. Yui smiled. "Nice to meet you too." She said cheerfully through her red lips. She's totally an adult. Long autumn red hair tied back into a ponytail, a white denim jacket over a blue top, white mini skirt, black leggings, and sky blue high heels. She wore a lot of mascara and eyeliner like Asako. Her lips were small and red due to lipstick. She looks like a princess.

"Okay. Let's go in!" Chi yelled excitedly. And we entered the aquarium.

Inside we saw many different species of fishes, sea animals, and coral, it was so pretty. Yui seems to have taken a liking to Makoto and he also seems to enjoy it. Asako stated looking pissed and yelled at her sister. I looked back at the fishes my eyes gleamed seeing . Haru smiled looking at me.

"What is it?" I asked looking at him.

"Nothinggg." He laughed.

"Okay. Let's go. I don't want to get separ--" I turned around to see the others gone.

"Spoke too soon." Haru told me.

"Ahahaha! Don't worry! I can just call them right?" I said scared. I took out my iphone and called Asako. She didn't pick up. Chi doesn't have a phone cause she thought they were unnecessary. Unnecessary?! In this situation it is necessary!

"Haru! What are we going to do?! Are we trapped here forever?!" He then whacked my head.

"Shut up. Let's just walk around till we find them." He said

"Oh right. Thank you for hitting me to wake me up haha." I told him tiredly.

"Let's go." He said and turned to walk. I tried to follow him but there was such a huge crowd.

"Haru! Wait!" I called.

He turned around and looked at me and made his way back. I felt something warm within the crowd. Looking down I blushed, Haru had grabbed my hand and continued walking.

"Hold my hand, that way you won't get lost."

"Y-yeah.." I said quietly. His hand was really warm.

We reached outside of the aquarium. Chi spotted us and everyone ran over to us. "Found them!" She called.

As they reached us I noticed how everyone was looking down at my hand, then I noticed I was still holding Haru's hand and immediately I let go.

"Um. Hi everyone!" I said cheerfully making them forget they ever saw that.

"Oh ho. We see." They teased together in unison. Well, except for Makoto. He looked away, with a hurt look on his face.

"Nothing happened! It was just crowded..and, um.." I stammered. Haru seemed normal like nothing happened. He put on his headphones and walked away. But I thought I saw a bit of red on his face. Probably my imagination. On our way home they continued to tease me, even Asako's sister, Yui. When I got to my house. Yui turned back to look at me and whispered, "Go for it!" And she winked. I blushed and whispered back, "Thank you! I'll try my best!" And bowed thanking her. Is this love?