Chapter 6 - Confession

For the rest of the week I decided to study. Mirai-sensei decided to give us a hundred question test on history due to a few kids misbehaving. Mirai-sensei sure is harsh. I decided to go out of some cool air since my room has gotten humid. I walked out my house, I wanted to talk to Haru but I'm sure he's sleeping but then I also don't want to see him because of these feelings I had. I wore on a sky blue hoodie and a pair of gym shorts. My hair was in a messy bun too. Why dress up? It's not like I'm meeting anyone.

I walked around the neighborhood when I spotted Makoto at the park with a young girl crying.

"Takahashi-kun!" I called but then I remembered that I was wearing unattractive clothes and my hair was all messy.

"Oh! Rin-Rin! Can you come here and help me for a bit?" He asked.

I forgot about my messiness and walked over to him and the crying girl. "What's wrong?"

"Her name is Mae, she said she lost her stuffed animal. I told her I'll go buy her a new one but she refused." He told me.

"But..Bon was what Mom gave it to me..after she left." She said through her tears.

I looked at the girl with short brown hair and teary hazel eyes"Alright! Leave it to onee-chan! I'll find her for you!" I declared.

"Are you sure you can do it?" Makoto asked.

"Yup! I answered confidently. "Now Mae, try to remember the places you went to today."

"Thank you onee-chan! I've been at the park all day. But I did go in the forest earlier, my sister is looking for Bon there."

With that we decided to search the park. Yet at the end we didn't find her.

"We're never going to find her.." Mae started crying.

"Don't worry. If it's not here, it must be in the forest. Your sister probably found it for you. I'm sure." I told her.

"Maeee!"

I turned my head to see a girl with long brown hair tied in a ponytail she had the same hazel eyes as Mae too.

"Natsume?" Makoto asked as she handed Mae Bon and she smiled.

The girl blushed, "O-oh Makoto!" Do they know each other? And to call each other by their first names too.

"Oh Rin-Rin! This is Natsume Koshitaro. She's a childhood friend of mines. She goes to Aoisami High." Makoto informed me. Natsume seemed hurt for a moment.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Rin Yamamoto. A classmate of Takahashi." I told her.

"O-Oh. Nice to meet you too." She said. I have this feeling, she doesn't like me that much?

"Thanks sis. For finding Bon." Mae told Natsume.

Natsume smiled and patted Mae's head making her smile.

"Thanks for helping Mae. Oh. How about I treat you guys?" Natsume suggested.

"No Thanks! I can't possibly--" then my stomach growled and I blushed.

"Kay. You must be tired Mae, I'll bring you home." Natsume told Mae. "I'll be right back after treating these guys kay?"

"Kayyy!" Mae said.

Natsume brought us to McDonald's. We sat in silence, the only sound was my munching. Why isn't Makoto talking as he used too?

"Um, Takahashi-kun? What's the matter?" I asked.

He turned to face me smiling, "Hm? Nothing. You should start calling me by my first name. We've been friends for awhile, it's only natural right?"

"Er-um, M-Makoto-kun?" I studdered.

Makoto's face turned red, "I-I didn't think you would actually try..Thanks Rin--"

"STOP!" Natsume screamed. "Stop...it hurts." I looked at her shocked while Makoto sat back sighing.

"Natsume. I've told you many times." He said. "I can't return your feelings."

Huh? What's going on? Wait don't tell me Natsume likes Makoto?

"I know that...! But don't act like that while I'm here. It hurts. Excuse me I'll be leaving..Thanks for helping Mae." And she dashed away in tears.

"Oh! Koshitaro-san!" I yelled, but she left before that. "Takahashi-kun. That's horrible." He didn't even flinch. "Takahashi-kun!" Still no answer. Then I had it, "MAKOTO!"

He pushed me down making me land in the cushions of the restaurant's chairs, Makoto on top of me. "I know it's horrible, but I like someone else..." He blushed and looked away. He faced back and moved closer and whispering, "It's you Rin." Before I knew it his lips were soon locked to mines.