Chapter 12 - This Is Love (END)

Hello! It's been a while. Haven't updated in a very very long time but I finally got to. This is the final chapter of "Is This Love". Thanks for the support! ^^

Haru's lips softly parted mines as the fireworks continued to fire in the night sky.

"You're Haru?! The Haru that was with me when I was little?!" I questioned.

"You're slow. How can you not recognize me?"

"B-but, you're completely different from Haru. You're rude, and mean, and..um.."

"But I'm kind, just like the Haru you used to know." He said.

I kept quiet and nodded, "You are him then..."

He nodded then we sat in silence and watched the fireworks. His hand over mines.

After the fireworks ended we all met up and said our goodbyes ready to go home. Haru and I kept quiet about what happened during the fireworks because everything that happened was confusing so it was best to keep quiet. Haru ended up walking me home. We were silent, not one word was spoken, only the sound of my heart pounding. It was hard to believe that he was my childhood friend Haru. But I've fallen for this Haru also. I guess he is the Haru from back then. That made me kind of thankful.

"Hey." He said as we approached my house.

"W-what?" I asked.

"You know you're really stupid, slow, and annoying-"

"Where's this coming from?! I am not-"

"Let me finish." He said. "But at the same time, you care for others, you're hardworking, and kind. You've been smiling and cheerful since we were kids. I've fallen for you back then. When you moved and promised me you'll be back I stayed in that house since then waiting for you to come back. One day you did. I was surprised seeing you, I didn't know how to act in front of you, so I messed up that time." He paused for what seemed like forever then said to me, "I love you Rin."

My eyes widened and I could feel my face turn bright red.

"I-I like you too.." I replied as he leaned in kissing my lips under the moonlight.