Chapter 7 - I'm Sorry

It was already dark when I walked home. Why did Makoto kiss me? I thought we were just friends. I replayed what he said to before he left. "Think about it Rin. When you're ready, give me an answer." I bit my lower lip. What should I do? I arrived home and sat on the outer steps. So many things happened. I wondered what happened to Natsume? She was such a nice person. I just feel so guilty hurting her slowly I started to cry, what should I do?

Ring Ring.

My phone vibrated, it was Haru. I picked up my phone on the ground and answered.

"Oh..Haru..." I said weakly while drying my tears.

"I just left my house and I think I forgot to lock the door. Can you check for me?" He asked. So he just left his house to go somewhere huh? Thank goodness I didn't meet him.

"..Yeah, sure." I sniffled.

"What wrong?" I heard him over the phone. Just with those swords I remembered the whole incident and gulped as my heart pounded.

"Tell me. I'll listen." He comforted and I felt happy. Maybe it is a good idea to talk to him so I let in a deep breath.

"You see, I was confessed to today but at the same time I also hurt someone who liked that person. I'm so confused." I started tearing up. I don't know what to do." I said then there was a silence and he hung up. I then whispered "I only like you, Haru..."

I knew it was a bad idea to talk to him. He's probably laughing just cause I made a big deal over something so small. I stayed outside for a few minutes thinking of what to do when I see Makoto tomorrow. I decided to stand up and go inside. Just as I did someone grabbed my arm and before I knew it I was embraced in someone's grasp. I looked up, it was Haru.

"Don't cry. I'll be here for you, so don't take all the pain by yourself. Always tell me everything." He told me softly and a cried in joy.

"Yeah, I will. Thanks Haru." Before I knew it I fell asleep in his arms.

The next day I in my room. Did Haru carry me? When I arrived at school I told Asako and Chi the situation yesterday and they were quite shocked but what made them more shocked was when I told them I had feelings for Haru and that he doesn't know yet. But still at the end they told me they'll always be on my side. I've been avoiding Makoto all day but I left a note in his locker to meet me after school. That is when I'll reject him.

Asako and Chi came up with random things saying that the were busy so that I could walk home with Makoto after school, but I knew they were stalking us from behind. I stopped in my tracks and Makoto turned to face me.

"I'm sorry." I stammered, "I can't go out with you." And I lowered my head.

It was all silent at first then he smiled. "I know. Cause you like him don't you?" Wait, he knew? Then he pulled me in his arms, "But I'm not giving up. I will forever chase after you and make you fall in love with me" he winked.

"Ma-Makoto.." I blushed.

He looked suprised due to the fact I called him by his first name. And he laughed. "Okay, let's continue to be friends shall we?"

I smiled cheerfully and agreed.

"Ohh." It was Asako's voice.

"Shh Asako!" Chi whispered, but it didn't help cause I already knew they heard the whole thing. Makato didn't realize anything so he was really suprised. They came out from behind a pole and Makoto and I blushed. We decided to walk home together, we acted normal, smiling and joking just like always.

After showering, eating, and doing homework, I laid down to sleep. The question Makoto asked me still lurks in my mind. "Cause you like him don't you?" I turned on my iphone and entered Natsume's number that I got from Makoto in my contacts. I soon started to send her a text.