Chapter 10 - Drowned

I headed back to the blue ocean to where my friends were. We soon began playing with a beach ball when a the wind started to pick up tossing the ball a bit far away.

"I'll get it!" I yelled while swimming over to the ball.

"Alright!" Asako yelled over the wind.

I grabbed hold of the ball then all of a sudden a dark shadow overcame me, when looked up it was too late. I was swept away by the strong roaring waves.

"Hurry! She hasn't come back yet!" Someone yelled.

"Ah! Makoto!"

Splash

Someone grabbed my arms pulling me above the water the only thing I saw through my blurred eyes was a boy. Soon I was shut in darkness.

"...Rin!"

"Wake-up!"

I coughed and opened my eyes slightly to find myself on shore laying on the turquoise towel that we set down.

"She's awake!" I saw Natsume cry.

"Thank goodness! Do you know how worried we were?! It's a good thing Makoto saved you!" Chi embraced me crying.

Eh Makoto? I saw him standing looking hurt while Haru was by my side.

"Thanks Makoto." I said.

"Oh, it's no problem. But, it was actually Haru that did." He smiled.

"Plus he gave you CPR, hehe." Daichi joked and Chi punched him in the stomach. I blushed, was it really true, that's like kissing then!

"Thanks Haru..." I quietly said.

"Yeah.." He said.

We headed back by train and the girls started teasing me. Natsume and Rena soon found out I liked Haru soon and smiled saying they'll support me. My face turned red due to all the talk about Haru. Goodness, I've really deeply fallen for Haru...

Once again I've walked home with Makoto, our houses were in the same direction so we usually walk home together sometimes. Haru had to go shopping in the other direction so us three couldn't walk together. Plus it would be very awkward whenever I see Haru. Somehow Makoto seemed a bit off.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he stopped walking.

"I'm jealous..." He said.

"Huh?"

"He gets to care for you so much. I'm jealous." He looked down.

"Who? Wait what do you mean?"

"Haru. When I tried to save you, aware that he couldn't swim he still dived in fast and tried to save you."

My eyes widened. Haru actually went that far. I feel so happy. Tears started welling up in my eyes. Haru, why do you care so much about me?

"Him caring so much about you makes me give up." Makoto continued. "I'm really no match for Fujioka..." He smiled weakly.

No...I've hurt him?

"Makoto. Cheer up! We can always still be friends. So please don't show such a sad smile!" I said pressing my hands on his cheeks forcing him to smile.

"Pft." He laughed, "Yeah!"

Still I was really happy, I love Haru...