Superpower

My phone buzzes as a new message appers on my phone,

'If you had a super power, what would it be.'

'Shape shifting' I reply back quickly.

'Y?'

Oh I know why.

'Because I hate myself.

If I could shape-shift to be any thing I wanted things would be so much fucking easier then they are right now.

I'd be able to be any animal I want.

When night air is heavy with the sound of my father's loud snores, his whiskey, and his piss, I could turn into a cat and just slip of into the night.

When things get to loud, people become to warm, when space becomes increasingly limited, I could just simply turn into a mouse and scuttle away into a hole and just lay there and just sleep till it's over.

When people become angry and start to scream and yell and say some of the most hurtful things I could just turn into a big black dog and run away, I could run away and just never have to go back to that sort of hate.

If I could shape-shift I would look nothing like I do right now.

I would have beautiful clear skin, beautiful blue eyes, and long black hair.

I would be tall, with legs sculpted by the gods. I would be thin and beautiful and everything I've always wanted to be.

I could be beautiful and not this disgusting fat grease ball of sludge.

I don't think I can explain how much better it would be if I could just change I-'

I read over the text and shutter before erasing it all and responding,

'Lol sorry had to talk to my mom, but yeah idk it'd just be cool. Hbu?'

A few minutes later and yet another buzz,

'Yeah I get ya, if I had a power I'd fly.'

Huh... I guess everyone hates the way they live.