Chapter 24

"Corey!" The giggles echoed around the hallways, the thumping of small feet could be heard throughout the whole house.

Adelaide ran towards her bedroom as fast as she could, not wanting to get caught by the "monster" known as her brother.

By this time, Adelaide was 5 and they were playing monster. See, Corey would put on a deep, scary, yet terribly done voice and chase his sister around the house, making sure he made the biggest stomps possible as he walked.

"I'm gonna get her!" He boomed. The two of them were upstairs and their mom was in the kitchen below, while their dad was doing a weekend work day, which rarely ever happened. The small girl managed to get into the hall closet, and closed the door before the older boy rounded the corner. She peeked through the crack, and saw his head poke out from behind a wall. His gaze pointed directly where she was when she attempted at stifling her adorable giggles. He smirked, creeping around the bend and stalking his way over to her.

"Oh I wonder where that scrumptious little girl could be!" He said, looking every which way so the 5 year old would think she was somewhat safe. He passed the closet, and unfortunately for Adelaide, she let out the loudest sigh of relief a girl of her age could manage. And right at that moment, the doors slid open.

"THERE SHE IS!" He yelled. She screeched and waved her hands around frantically, but then giggled as he grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder, proceeding to then spin around like an idiot. He had the biggest grin plastered across his face, just from hearing his sisters happy giggles. A few moments later, he pulled her off his shoulder and started tickling the life out of her.

"C-Corey! S-stop it-t!" She stuttered due to the insane amount of tickle homicide that was going down. Yes, I did just say homicide, deal with it.

"On one condition!" He smirked. "I get your dessert tonight!" He said. Her little eyes widened and newfound determination gleamef in her tiny blue orbs.

"N-never-r!" She cried out.

He stared her down, never stopping his war fest of tickles, despite Adelaide's pleas in between giggles.

"Then you must pay the price!" He boomed once more, tickling her even more than before, if humanly possible.

"Sto-p Corey!" She squeaked.

"Nah-uh," he smirked.

"P-please!" She whined.

"Well, since you asked so politely," he nodded to himself, letting her go. She then started letting out the biggest huffs of air possible, little giggles and hiccups breaching her lungs as she regained her breath.

He smiled at the little girl, who's tiny blonde locks were slightly tangled in little knots, due to her shaking her head back and forth on the floor while her older brother tickled her excessively. The two of them sat there, smiling at each other cheesily, with crossed legs.

"Corey, I'm hungry," Adelaide suddenly spoke up, her voice sounding a little whiney though she didn't intend it to.

"Well then, I'd say it's time for us to go," he said casually, as if his sister already knew about his surprise.

"Go? Where?" She asked with big, round, curious eyes.

"It's a surprise!" He sneered, picking her up and carrying her to her room, but in a way where it seemed like she was flying. "Alright, you're going to want pants and a shirt, something comfortable-but easy to move in," he said. Adelaide bolted to her wardrobe when he put her down, as if she was trained to do so. He only chuckled as he watched her scavenge through her messy pile of clothes.

When she turned around, she was holding a pair of pink skinny-ish pants and a blue shirt, with a big flower in the centre. The flower wasn't just a flower. It was like a line art-nothing was properly filled in with any colour. It was drawn out in pastel shades of yellow and purple, and the little girls smile showed how much she adored it. The shirt was just a little stretched with age, and anyone could tell it was her favourite, just by being able to tell how much she wore it by seeing its condition.

"Again?" Corey said. She gave him and expression that was both a pout and a glare. Her bottom lip stuck out, a cliche anyone could recognize, and her eyes were narrowed in the cold stare of seriousness, which could only belong to a 5 year old.

"Okay okay, you can wear it. But only on one condition," Corey reasoned. A spark of interest flicked through her eyes, and it burned a ferocious flame of curiosity, although her expression bore the same glare.

"You have to wear my hoodie, it might get cold,"

Immediately her face was full of joy. She absolutely loved wearing Corey's hoodies-nothing made her happier. The way they draped over her tiny figure, the bottom hem reaching down to her calves, sometimes even her ankles-depending on the hoodie she was wearing. When she wore his hoodies, she didn't need a jacket, because of how much extra fabric was there to warm her.

His hoodies were basically a duvet on her.

She nodded eagerly as he walked out so she could change. While she did just that, her brother ran off into his room and picked out the one he knew was her favourite. His dark green forest hoodie. Adelaide and their mother had given it to him for his 17th birthday, which had only been a few months ago. He smiled to himself at the memory of getting it. Adelaide had clumsily walked into the room with the hoodie on, and jumped onto his lap. It was an adorable way to give it to him, at least in his opinion.

He turned on his heels, pausing in front of the door. He really loved his sister. She made him extremely happy. More than anyone could imagine. Hearing her tiny giggles, seeing the little flush of crimson spread across her cheeks, staring into her bright blue eyes. Seeing her pearly white smile- even with a few teeth missing. Just those few things, had such a big impact on Corey. It made him a genuinely good, caring and understanding person. It made him seem content in life.

Some might wonder why he met Peter Pan in the first place.

A/N: OH MY FREAKING GOD IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER IVE JUST BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING AND I JUST CANT HONESTLY I HAVE 5 TEXTBOOKS AND 4 CLASSES THIS TERM I DONT GET IT

But yeah ILYASM BECAUSE 2.04k READS LIKE WTF LAST TIME IT WAS FOR WHAT OVER 900 AND IT ONLY WAS LIKE A MONTH AGO IM SO HAPPY WORDS CANT EVEN DESCRIBE IT

oh wait here's smt

I'm happier than Adelaide wearing Corey's hoodies

Honestly it makes me so happy to think people actually like this, or take the time to read this!!

So; (and this will NOT be officialized until next chapter) I'm thinking about MAYBE doing a groupchat on Instagram if anyone is actually brave enough

But I don't think you guys are THAT interested..... anyways I will decided by next chapter if it will be soon or in the near future.

If you're actually interested in that then let me know so I don't feel like a loser please cause Ik I am one!!

Again- ILYASM and thanks for taking the time to read my panfic-It really boosts my confidence :)

Love you all whomever you may be!! :D Xx

-R

P.S. Gonna try for those quicker updates- ALSO BABY ADELAIDE FEEEEELS

P.S.S. NOT NECESSARILY BBY ADELAIDE BUT A CUTE ASS CHILD THAT WE CAN CALL HER AT THE TOP