Chapter 51

PLEASE READ: OKAY IM AT MY FAVORITE COFFEE SHOP TREATING MYSELF CAUSE I THOUGHT ITD BE A GOOD DAY AND WE FUCKIN HIT 100k READS LIKE WTFFFFF BACK WHEN I PUBLISHED THIS BOOK I THOUGHT 'HEY, NOT LIKE ANYONE WOULD READ IT' BUT LIKE?????????????? I FUCKING LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH, THIS IS SUCH A MILESTONE AND I JUST HAD TO UPDATE EARLY FOR YOU GUYS TO SHOW THE LOVES!

We'd been staring at one another for what felt like forever. My tank top was soaked through and it didn't help that it was white. All my clothes felt like a second skin, despite maybe the goosebumps forming on my arms and shoulders. The ring kept slipping off slightly because of the water making my fingers slippery. I adjusted my footing and looked at Pan with sad eyes. I don't know why I didn't try to hide it, but I started thinking about what the shadow told me I had to do. Killing the demon was one thing, but staring at this hopeless look in his eyes made me want to cry even more.

"P-Peter? A-about-t talk-king-" I began with a stutter, but he shook his head ans made his way swiftly towards me.

"It's cold, Adelaide, we need to get you warmed up,"

"Does this-s mean we get-t to-o talk-k?" I spoke as a single arm of his laid gently on my waist and he did his weird magic teleport thingy.

"I haven't made my decision yet, but it's not the most important thing on my mind in this moment," Pan stated as they appeared in the middle of the little treehouse. It was still rotting and dusty from Pan's recent frustration towards her, but that was easily fixable for him. The small girl was soaked head to toe, her entire body creating a large pool of water on the floor beneath her feet. Pan took a step back from her and pointed at the chest her usually put clothes in for her. "There isn't much in there for you, but what matters is that you're warm so pick anything you want," he said, letting his arm fall to his side as he turned around.

"Peter, where are you going?" I asked, more anxiously than I had intended to. He glance back at me with a slight show of his pearly white teeth.

"You'll see, now get warm," he answered, disappearing as he was in the middle of walking. Meanwhile I was fumbling my way over to the trunk where I was in search of warmth. As per the usual there wasn't really any feminine clothes in there, just some old clothes belonging to the lost boys and quite possibly, Pan. I picked up one forest green tunic that looked old and dusted, and it made me remember another forest green piece of clothing me and my brother had each once worn. I picked it up and stripped off my tank top and bra, not really giving a damn if Pan walked in and yet knowing that he wouldn't dare. I pulled the tunic over my body and looked around but saw no appealing pants that seemed warm and decided to stay in the wet leggings. I made my way over to the bed in the middle of the room and curled up on the bed, my teeth chattering. I lifted my legs to my chest from and laid on my side, trying to pull the single sheet from the bed over my cold body.

"Adelaide," I lifted my head to see Pan standing in the corner of room. Behind him was an orange glow and a large wicker chair with a cushion on it. I squinted my eyes further and smiled at the crackling sound of the makeshift fireplace. I lifted my gaze up to Pan and questioned in my head where there was only one chair, and why it was abnormally large. I knew he wouldn't leave me alone in here, especially if we were going to talk about my new life in Neverland. "You're not getting any warmer sitting there staring at me, come over here," he gestured with his hand. He didn't turn until I started getting up and sat down, waiting for me. I walked over and saw a little table with two wooden cups full of a dark brown liquid. "Sit," he gestured to the small amount of space between the chair and his right leg. I stared at him uncomfortably, thoughts running through my mind that made me not want to practically sit on his lap. He just rolled his eyes and lifted his arm up, his hand grasping mine gently. I was pleasantly surprised when his fingers spread a warm tingling feeling throughout my hand and began spreading.