Chapter 12

A herd of Gallimimus flocked together with a Tour Jeep driving beside them with amused tourists looking ahead.

     "You guys been here before?" Zach asked a group of girls behind them while Gray stared out of the window. Marlo sat in front of them on two empty seats, she turned around, her knees on the seat as she looks back to the boys. Zach smiled to the girls.

     "If Mum and Dad get divorced, will one of us be with Mum and the other with Dad?" Gray asked quietly, Marlo looked between the boys.

     "What?" Zach looked to him. "Why would you say that?" Zach looked back to the girls.

     "Because they are." Gray looked back to the front, Marlo frowned. Zach turned back to look at him.

     "No, they're not getting...They're not getting divorced." Zach stared at him while Gray sniffed and wiped his nose, not looking to Zach. "Look. You haven't been around long enough. They've always been that way." Zach sat back, but Gray shook his head.

     "They get mail from two different lawyers." He looked to his older brother.

     "That doesn't mean anything." Gray sighed at Zach.

     "I googled. They're divorce lawyers." Gray sniffed and tried to hold back tears. Zach processed this new information and stared blankly out the window.

     "All right, whatever." He unwrapped his arm from the back of Gray's seat, pulling a face. "You know what? It doesn't matter, okay? I'm gonna be gone in two years anyway. I mean, all my friends' parents are divorced. And..."

     "Zach would you just shut up!" Marlo glared at him. Noticing that Gray was silently crying.

     "Hey, knock it off," Zach told him. Gray shook his head. "You're gonna cry? Look. You're gonna get two of everything, right? You're gonna get two birthdays, two Thanksgivings, two..."

     "I don't want two of everything," Gray told him quietly.

     "Yeah, well, it's not up to you. All right? There's a point you have to grow up." Gray looked away and out the window while Zach looked like he almost regrets telling Gray that.

     "Zach." Marlo caught his attention.

     "What?" He shrugged his shoulders.

     "Switch seats with me." She glared, he nodded at her and she got up. Zach moved to sit where Marlo was and Marlo slid in next to Gray. Zach leaned his head back on the chair waiting for the monorail ride to be over when Gray sat up, looking out the window, paranoid, he looked back to Marlo. Marlo followed his gaze.

     Two jeeps were driving quickly behind one another on the dirt road. Marlo was surprised that she never saw them before.

-

     Back at the canoe area where visitors got to swim near the dinosaurs, one of them let out a small roar. The visitors don't take much notice as they watch and paddle along the water. The two jeeps sped passed.

-

     In the control room, the blue screens showed cameras watching the jeeps. Heart rate monitors of the Unit teams were shown on the screens. Each having their own. The list of the eight men; Hamada, Austin, Craig, Miller, Lee, Spears, Meyers, and Cooper are also shown in the cameras inside the jeeps.

     Owen walked out of the elevator and into the room before being stopped.

     "I need to see a badge. Sir, I need to see a badge." A security guard stopped Owen. Owen walked straight passed, Claire turned to face him.